8/12 Neko PMPS 331 +3 227 +6 85 +7 109

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Wendy&Neko, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yesterday http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=76926 was a blue start which ended up in a bounce/recovery from mamabean's BCS dose.

8/11 Recap:
    AMPS 157 +5 253
    PMPS 459 +3 361 +10 343

The highlight of Neko's day WE ARE HOME! She spent the majority of the trip today in her basket at the back of the trunk. I had a hard time convincing her to come out at +5.5 for that test. Much clanging of food dishes and actually putting food on a spoon were required to get her out where I could grab her for a test. She got HC because it wasn't nadir yet and I didn't want to do the test/carb dance on the road again. When we came home, Neko hopped out of the trunk and just lay down on the cement. I think she was sighing in relief. A little while later she took a walk in the garden. She came back with her white paws dirty which means she was glad to have use of the outdoor LB after 10 days. Theo was so glad to see us, and especially Neko. She hissed - I think she hoped he would go away. :lol: She was glad to see some of her toys though.

The trip was mostly uneventful. We got a bit of a late start, waiting for the Walmart pharmacy to open so I could get more cheap test strips in a state with no tax. :D We saw the most amusing thing while waiting. We decided to kill some time at a drive through Starbucks. Two horsies, each with two young girls on them, decided to use the drive through. It was hilarious to see everyone taking pictures, including staff. I was inside, looking out the takeout window as the horses and girls looked in. :lol:

Traffic was pretty good for a Sunday and lineup at the border was not bad. The only incident was on the way up to the Snoqualmie when traffic ground to a halt. I started getting worried because we were just 5 miles away from the rest stop I had targeted for the +5 test. Turns out some idiot had started a fire (probably tossed out a butt) and the fire crew were clearing up the last of the hot spots on the median and side of the road when we finally went by.

2. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Re: 8/12 Neko AMPS 405 +5.5 123 +7 114 PMPS 331

Woohoo for getting home! And not a bad cycle today, everything considered. Sleep well!
    Liz

3. tortie58

tortie58 Well-Known Member

Welcome back Wendy & Neko! Take plenty of rest!
    Glad you've a safe journey home. I thought they say cats have a short memory, they will forget their home after a week away? But for sure Neko has remembered his LB on the green! :mrgreen:

4. Tracy & Leo

Tracy & Leo Well-Known Member

Yay for being home!!!

I'm glad you had an uneventful trip home and Neko is champ at travelling. When is the next road trip? :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. Wendy&Neko

Re: 8/12 Neko AMPS 405 +7 114 PMPS 331 +3 227

PMPS 331 +3 227
    Coming down quickly. I think it's going to be a sleep test kind of night.

@Liz - quite a good cycle for travel and a reduced dose. Who knows where she would have gone had I not carbed her up. Not so sure about the good sleep tonight though!

@Helen - yes, Neko has always loved her home. She was out later in the evening chasing bugs, her favorite activity.

@Tracy - I remember how both you and Lu commented how glad your cats were to be home, and Neko was the same. We have a family cottage on the islands that might be the next trip now!

6. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor Well-Known Member

Re: 8/12 Neko AMPS 405 +7 114 PMPS 331 +3 227

Hi Wendy!

I'm glad you got home safely and Neko's happy to be back! I'm on now for a few hours, so just holler if you want some attention or just condo company. Hope Neko slows that drop down a bit for you!

Jane

7. Wendy&Neko

Re: 8/12 Neko PMPS 331 +3 227 +6 85

+6 85
    I kind of expected that after that early drop. Neko just got 2tsp HC and I'll go back for another sleep test.

8. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

If only you could put on shiny red shoes and click your heels together! 3 days of driving would absolutely kill my back and neck - so I'm so glad it was you guys and not me!

Sounds like Neko is celebrating her homecoming... hope she continues to do well and give you good numbers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.