8/12 Yoyo AMPS 134,+2 111,+4 84,+7 90,PMPS 83,+1 112,+2 97,+3 73,+4 70,+9 82

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Debra and Yoyo, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

2. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice greens for Yoyo yesterday, hope for some more today!
    Have a nice Monday Debra!

3. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Have a great day Debra and Yoyo! :)

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start. I hope you see more green today.

5. Debra and Yoyo

Hope the increase helps bring Leo lower safe numbers.

Hope you're off to a good start for the week :)

6. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Thanks Debra! We're going to take it a little slow and see what happens. I was leery of increasing a whole .25 so I just did half that, lol.

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  7. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Tina wants to send love to Yoyo and say he's looking real good!

8. Debra and Yoyo

I hope Tina is feeling better and glad to hear that your vet appointment went well.

My kitty, Yoyo, is hyperthyroid. I wish that I had done the radiation treatment when he was diagnosed several years ago. My vet mentioned it but also mentioned to give medication. So I chose the medication route not knowing the side effects.

Tina is an adorable kitty and I hope you find all the answers to your questions :bighug:

9. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

You are so kind, thank you.

Tina is going to be and do well. No other option. Just better and better (I hope).

I knew a very sweet kitty with 3 legs and Yoyo touches my heart, he is more than just a beautiful face! They can do very well and teach us a few things. I've also known several cats who did fine with pills long term. One I knew the best lived to 20. I wish you didn't have regrets:) but I understand questioning ourselves. Too easy to do!

10. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I’m glad to see those greens. While I think he’s got a little room for improvement, honestly, I’d continue to hold the dose for now because I know you need the rest. However, if while I’m gone, you see less green than he has now or you start to see nadirs habitually in the 90-100 range with more blue, I’d consider increasing as long as you feel you can monitor.

But, for now, he’s doing well enough for you to hold the dose a bit longer. Let’s hope he’s just taking a quick vacation and will get back to pumping out a bit more green.

11. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

I agree ;)

12. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

@Debra and Yoyo
    I’m not questioning with :woot: or :eek:, just curious (I know there is a reason ;))... why have you had Yoyo on same dose for sooooo many days?

13. Debra and Yoyo

He has green days and then he bounces. I'm comfortable with this dose,he is under control and I feel he is doing good.
    Marje @Marje and Gracie has suggested that I could increase his dose to get lower nadir's, but being sleep deprived as I am, I'm just giving it some more time. As long as he has green days and his body has time to heal, I feel all is well.
    Am I doing something wrong regarding TR?

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  14. Suzanne Burton

Suzanne Burton Well-Known Member

I'm new here and love your numbers from today. I hope for some like these some day!

15. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Another nice green day for Yoyo!

16. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Absolutely not! You are doing nothing wrong.

If you read Tilly’s, you’ll find it states that the “holding the dose” phase can last a long time. In Yoyo’s case, he’s getting good nadirs so Debra doesn’t have to increase. He’s not earned a reduction.

In the past, I’ve seen members hold a good dose for months.

17. Debra and Yoyo

Welcome to the Family!!

This is the best place to find answers to any of your questions that may come up.

I wish you success and good health to your kitty LT.

With a little time, you will see LT's numbers improve.
    Remember, never be afraid to ask a question. There are wonderful members on this board with lots of experience and they can answer all your questions and are here to support you and LT.
    :bighug:

Suzanne Burton likes this.
  18. Debra and Yoyo

Thank you!!!:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  19. Debra and Yoyo

I hope they keep coming but I could have done without this morning''s reading of 53@AMPS.

This is the first time that I ever gave Yo his insulin at such a low number. I usually wait about an hour until he comes up, but I know it is safe at 53 so I gave him his insulin on time. He's low now, but I am watching and feeding accordingly.

Hope Scooter is doing well, I didn't see his SS for today. Wishing him and you to always be well:bighug::bighug:

Jill & Scooter likes this.