8/13 Loudogg AMPS 59 +6 44 +7 52 +8 56 +10 55 PMPS 47, 43, 44 - No shot tonight!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, Aug 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

August 12, 2018 Condo - Home from Vacation!

Morning everyone!
    I see my buddy Lou is right back to business without skipping a beat. He actually pouted last night for a bit, which I was surprised about, considering he was the one who got to go on the adventure. Bella, on the other hand, was surprised and hurt when we came home, but wasted no time cuddling with me on the couch. Never a dull moment around here. He found a new hiding spot not long after we came home and sent his beans running for a few minutes. What a jerk, haha. Lou's lack of eating continued at least until +3. Thankfully that didn't last. I don't know how he ate overnight, but this morning went well enough. I hope that can continue because it's annoying when he's not eating well, haha.

We'll see how today goes, considering his beautiful AMPS. I hope you all have a wonderful day and your kitties surf safely!

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Lou. I hope he eats good for you today and surfs safely.

Amanda and a Loudogg likes this.
  3. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

:eek::D Surf safe today Loudogg!

4. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Maybe Lou pouted because he didn't want to come home. :joyful: He's looking good! :D

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Sounds like a longer vacation is in order.

6. Amanda and a Loudogg

Ugh, this kid. His PMPS is currently 47, but you can see he's been holding relatively steady all day. I'm in the process of stalling to retest (which I hate doing). The policy is to just wait until he's over 50 or just as long as he's increasing? I would hate to skip since he's been on such a roll.

7. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

When you're comfortable with the preshot number definitely shoot on the rise. I'd also take a reduction given the drop today and the recent reduced doses due to traveling, but that's just me. I'd rather have to go back up in dose than have to deal with super low numbers at night.

Just my thoughts...

Sue and Luci likes this.
  8. Amanda and a Loudogg

Well after 20 minutes and no food he is at 43. I wasn't expecting that at all. Do I skip or shoot a BCS? I'm at a loss. I can't wait too much longer because I have to go to work tomorrow. I won't be able to move him back up if his shot is too much later.

9. Jill & Alex (GA)

If he's not budging and you can't stall any longer there's not much choice than to skip the shot. 40s are too low to shoot.

10. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

I’d skip and also reduce his dose tomorrow morning. He will get back on track.

11. Amanda and a Loudogg

What a way to tell me he wants a reduction, eh? I feel like he's been flirting with it for a while now. I have a few more minutes that I can stall, so I am going to retest him in 3-4 minutes (only since we've made it this far). Thank you Jill and Karen. I really appreciate your advice. Never something I thought I'd see with Lou, haha.

12. Amanda and a Loudogg

Talk about being stubborn and not budging. He was just at 44. No shot tonight. Thanks again!

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  13. Jill & Alex (GA)

Let him eat so his numbers will come up.
    Oh, and try to get some sleep tonight. You remember sleep, right? :)

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Think of the skip as an opportunity to drain the depot. This is the third under 50's on this dose, he earned that reduction fair and square.

Time to get UP Loudogg!:eek:

Oh, and I like Jill's suggestion of you getting sleep. :)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  15. Amanda and a Loudogg

He's scarfing dinner as we speak. I think I'll try to get some sleep tonight, but gosh, it's been awhile, haha.

I didn't even think of that. I've been concentrating so much on the under 40 guideline that I didn't think the 3x under 50 rule applied. That makes me feel better, actually! Knowing he earned it. I didn't want to chicken out and reduce too early, as weird as that sounds. :rolleyes::facepalm::p

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    Reason for edit: Correcting typo.
  16. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Man he wants a reduction

17. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Oops, my bad, I meant third time in the 40's or under 50. :banghead: Correcting it above.

18. Amanda and a Loudogg

What's funny is I totally read it as under 50, even though I apparently wrote it wrong also, haha.

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  19. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Well, well...look at Loudogg! :eek: He's looking real fine this evening - and congrats on the reduction!:woot: He's on his way :) Tell him Luci says hi...and if her mama bean would just stay home for a while she might visit the lagoon too..but mama seems to be going out a lot lately and comes home all stressed out and tired...what's the matter wid her anyway?

20. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Congrats on the reduction!!! I called that one right last night. Sleep well tonight Amada. :bighug:

21. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Excellent, reduction plus sleep?! Woo!!

22. Amanda and a Loudogg

Ha, you totally did! That's awesome! Now about those lotto numbers.... :p

It's like Christmas in August! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.