8/14/2018 PHOEBES AMPS 136 Pmps 101 pics, and my mom went to ER

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Phoebes (GA), Aug 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

The 12th
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/8-12-2018-phoebes-amps-183-3-5-69-6-69-pmps-101.201052/
    I didn't post yesterday my mom has been having some health issues at 79 and went to tge ER for cardio issues, i was a little side tracked. Back to MissP, she's been in the closet more than I like and she hasn't had blood work since Oct last year. We saved up some money and are taking her in on Thursday. What should I ask for? She's still camped at water bowl and loosing or at least not gaining any weight. So thinking thyroid test too. Senior blood work and thyroid. Anything else? Keeping in mind trying to do the bare necessities. Please send some vines because the diva truly hates the vet trips. I'll be in dog house for days. I found these pics from 2 years ago, she is a cornoholic. Such intensity. Lol enjoy.

Attached Files:

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

So sorry to hear about your mom going to the ER Angela. :bighug: I hope she's better now.

Senior panel with thyroid sounds about right. At least where I am, thyroid is included in the senior panel, but I've noticed it's not in some places. You might want to consider a urinalysis too, just in case there are any kidney issues. Piling on the vines for a good vetty visit.

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  3. Phoebes (GA)

Thank you, yes she is better now. Still not sure what it was.
    Do you mean an in house urinalysis or sending it out to be tested? Glad I'm on the right track. Thanks again @Wendy&Neko

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

For the urinalysis, depends how much the vet can do in house. I think you'd want at least the urine specific gravity and the protein numbers. Not sure what she had last time? I don't see the October numbers in the SS. Maybe put those in when you get the next results so you can see the trends. Does your vet use Idexx? The SDMA is also a good blood value to get and it comes free with Idexx.

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Urine Specific Gravity is a good test to check on kidney function along with the senior blood panel

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  6. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Good luck, Angela! Sending vines for your mom and for Miss P.'s vetty visit. :bighug:

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad your mom is doing better. Sending good vetty vines for Phoebe and prayers for your mom. :bighug::bighug:

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  8. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

love light and healing:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  9. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

My Ravan totally hates riding in the car & going to the Vet. Recently I bought a can of Feliway spray. Supposed to calm kitty down. You spray it on an area where the cat lays,(not on the cat)

I gave it a try on my last vet visit. I sprayed a little on the towel I put in his carrier about a half hour before I left. When we first got in the car He was yowling as usual but to my surprise he did calm down after a few mins.

I also sing to him quietly (I can't carry a tune in a bucket but he seems to like it! :D) He was also much calmer on the way home! I'll definitely try it again on the next car ride. :)

Phoebes (GA) and Sonia & Leo like this.
  10. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Good luck with your visit to the vet and good that your mom is better, it's always scary when they're that age. :bighug:

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  11. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about your mom, hope she feels better soon
    Sending lots of vet vines as well:bighug::bighug:

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  12. Phoebes (GA)

Thank you all. Vet called today and said give her 100mg of gabapentin insread of the 50mg in the morning. So will ask for the senior panel and the urinalysis with the SDMA values. Crossing fingers and paws.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.