8/15 Loudogg AMPS 83 +3 60 +5.5 28/36!! +6 65 +7 47 +10 58 PMPS 65 +3 44 +4 78

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, Aug 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

August 14, 2018 Condo

Morning all!
    Yesterday was certainly a day of excitement, but we decided to stay the course with the 3.25u. I'm hoping today shows him doing well on it. I'm going to take the beautiful AMPS as a good sign at any rate. :D Nothing much going on here today. I need to pick up some moving boxes and get some things done for the home loan. Never a dull moment. :rolleyes:

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday and I hope your kitties stay safe out there!

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Very nice AMPS.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Lou is looking good. :D

4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Lou is doing really well! :D

5. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Awesome!!

6. Amanda and a Loudogg

+5.5 = 28, retested at 36!

Gave drop of Karo and 1tbs HC (15%) food, will retest in 20-30 mins

7. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Wow Lou get away from those sharks!! Excellent news on the reducie though! :):) Shmee just earned a reduction too, although I don't know if it will last, I think its from the depot but hes making me nervous so I am reducing anyway. So good to see Loudogg doing well!

8. Amanda and a Loudogg

Okay at +6 (30 mins later) he was at 65.

Obviously he earned a reduction to 3.0u. Do I reduce to 3.0u tonight or do I go lower because of the low BG? Or should I skip the dose tonight to drain the depot and start at 3.0u tomorrow?

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  9. Amanda and a Loudogg

+7 = 47

Tired of flirting with these limes. Gave him his usual LC meal mixed with 1 tbsp 15% HC.

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Typically you would just reduce tonight. However, if you need sleep or think the depot is overfull and needs draining, then a BCS or skip are fine. As Lou has shown, he recovers quickly.:D

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  11. Amanda and a Loudogg

Okay seriously, this is getting ridiculous. He was only at 58 at +10. Even though he's eaten quite a bit of 15% HC food. Depending on his PMPS, I'm leaning towards a BCS dose or a skipped shot. He's never not responded well to higher carb food, especially earlier when he got Karo as well. I suppose I could bust out the 20% HC food, but I hate to waste food when he still has some 15%. What a day... :rolleyes::p:D

12. Amanda and a Loudogg

So his PMPS was 65. Not very reassuring with today's lime extravaganza. After agonizing over it for 15 full minutes, I did decide to err on the side of caution. I went with a BCS dose of 2.0u. I have to work a half-day tomorrow morning, and Caleb has an eye procedure tomorrow afternoon that I'll be taking him to. I'd rather drain the depot a bit and start fresh at 3.0u tomorrow morning. With our luck, Lou may not let us get away with it, but a girl can hope he'll at least stay safe. :D

13. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Dang!:eek: Lou! Look at YOU!!!:eek::eek: Give me the big googly eyes now!!!:eek::eek::eek: I have to admire your fortitude there mama! :rolleyes: I'd probably have caved way back around that 28 and broke out the HC!:nailbiting: When Luci gets down there and refuses to come up - I get too nervous:nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting: - I just give a tsp of HC...and some LC...Luci loves all that gravy, etc.:D I have some kitty krack (dried treats of some sort)...for those emergencies...maybe I should eat one???:p:p She seems to take all that in stride and I freak out! :facepalm: Hope he levels out for you at least in the higher greens...he sure is loving that lagoon lately isn't he!!! :eek: Luci needs to pay attention...I think she's been getting too much MC or HC from DH at night...we're so whipped out at night (from dealing with my mom's move - yesterday it was another round of furniture - some out, some in)...and we're hoping this will all settle down soon...otherwise Luci gets the auto-feeder at night...we want her to be safe...no swimming at night, Luci! Tell Lou he needs to spend a little time on the beach with a catini @Bellasmom likes to whip those up for Bella boy!:kiss:

Bellasmom likes this.
  14. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Whooooo hooooooo on reducie!

15. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

FWIW, with a BCS, the first part of the cycle could still be "interesting".

Behave tonight Lou.

16. Amanda and a Loudogg

Good to know! Thanks Wendy!

Thanks Sue and Jamie! He is really keeping me on my toes! Hopefully he'll do better on the 3.0u. Whew!

For Lou, usually the 15% (I guess I usually consider it medium carb) will do wonders. Usually a higher carb food and karo together will also do wonders. Funnily enough, it didn't even occur to me to open a can with larger carbs. Usually when I open the can of gravy FF, I end up throwing half of it because we only use it once during one cycle. So needless to say, today was the first day I had to use it more than once. What a way to break myself in, eh? :p

Sue and Luci likes this.
  17. Amanda and a Loudogg

+3 = 44

UGH!! Now I'm just getting ticked. I fed the rest of the 15% HC with 1/4 can LC. So much for getting some sleep tonight. Thanks for the heads up Wendy. Any thoughts on when the cycle should get boring? :blackeye:

18. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Ohmeowgosh! Lou! :eek:

19. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Wow Lou!!! Give your mama a break! Get on the beach for the night!

20. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Anytime I have leftover HC I put it in a little ziplock container and freeze it - mark the container - and use it in the auto-feeder when I can't be at home - I'd prefer not to toss it...that adds up... sometimes if it's a lot I'll split it into a bunch of little 'plops' on a foil lined pan and freeze - then I toss them all into a ziplock (marked with carb content) - maybe a teaspoon or so per 'plop'...another stock for the auto-feeder. Right now I only have one in my freezer...Luci hasn't gotten much HC lately - but she might today. AMPS was 120! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.