8/16 Loudogg AMPS 156 +8.5 92 PMPS 85 +3 56 +6.25 33 +6.75 90 - Another Reduction Earned!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

August 15, 2018 Condo - Limes Limes Everywhere, and Not a Drop to Drink...

Morning everyone!
    I am just exhausted this morning, and it's not entirely from lack of sleep. While I know others have probably experienced worse, I'm shocked at the number of lime numbers yesterday. He ended up eating an entire can of 15% HC food throughout the day and still the highest number was in the 70s. Lou obviously earned a decrease since he went under 40 yesterday morning. I am so glad I did a BCS dose last night instead of the full 3.0u after the surprise lime 44. But I'm kind of surprised at the lower AMPS this morning. WHEW! Like I said, exhausted already, and I get the feeling the fun has just begun. :eek:

I only work a half day this morning, as Caleb has an eye procedure called corneal collagen cross-linking this afternoon. He has an eye condition called pellucid marginal degeneration (PMD), which had actually been misdiagnosed as keratoconus for years. In these conditions, the cornea weakens and thins, allowing the eye to protrude more. This makes it hard to focus, even with glasses. The procedure is supposed to use a riboflavin solution and UV light to strengthen the cornea; to basically stop or freeze the progression. I'm a bit nervous, but I think Caleb is excited to get on with it, haha. I'll be taking him around 1300 and procedure lasts a couple hours or so. Hopefully Lou won't get too excited with his numbers while we're gone. :nailbiting: Although I could sneak home to check him if necessary while I'm waiting.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and your kitties stay safe out there! I need to get mine some water wings I think, haha! :joyful:

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I know it's exhausting, but Lou is doing great. I hope he surfs safely for you today. Sending prayers Caleb's procedure goes well.

Amanda and a Loudogg likes this.
  3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Oh I can see why u r exhausted! Looking awesome
    Good luck with eye procedure hope all goes well:bighug:

4. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Good luck to Caleb! Be a good boy Lou! :bighug:

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Here's some wings to remind him to stay away from these creatures.
    download.jpg

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sending vines for Caleb's surgery. :bighug:

Be good Lou, you made your point yesterday.

7. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Best wishes for the procedure! Lou, be good while Mom and Dad are out!

8. Amanda and a Loudogg

Well today is a new day for our buddy Lou! Nice and slow is his motto, as he just finally made it to the lagoon at +8.5. I'll be interested to see what tonight brings. The procedure went as expected, and Caleb is home now in bed. Whew! I hope he heals quickly and as painlessly as possible. :joyful:

Sonia & Leo and carfurby (GA) like this.
  9. Amanda and a Loudogg

+6.25 = 33!

Another reduction earned! And yet still not enough to fully wake me up (we're getting there, now that I have to stay awake). So, I have to work tomorrow and Caleb may not be able to test. I think I'll skip the shot or do another BCS dose in the morning. I'll likely give some HC food with his preshot meal to tide him over. I know the reduction calls for reducing to 2.75u (which I almost had trouble writing there!), but I'm tired of this constant playing with the sharks. I think I will reduce to 2.5u and let him stabilize. If he needs an increase I'll do one as necessary. I'm hoping he won't. :eek:

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I'd recommend a skip tomorrow. That depot needs to drain.:eek:

11. Amanda and a Loudogg

That sounds good Wendy! Do you think it'd be okay to start him on 2.5u after the skip or do you think I'm being overly cautious?

12. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Congrats on the reducie!:bighug::bighug: Lou chasing sharks at night....:nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.