8/17 Loudogg AMPS 121 +5 278 PMPS 342 :'( - There it is.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, Aug 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

August 16, 2018 Condo - Another reduction earned

Good morning!
    So I am running on fumes a bit, as Lou decided to make it interesting last night. Normally I have Caleb up to do the late late-night testing, but Caleb was in bed sleeping and healing and I was on my own. I should have known Lou wouldn't make things easy, haha. He hit 33 at +6, so immediate reduction to 2.75u. Now this is the 3rd reduction this week, and this week has included no shots and BCS doses. I think I may just decrease to 2.5u because I'm tired of the shark hunting. I figure we can increase to 2.75u if necessary. I did decide to do a no shot this morning to drain that depot (again :p). I am not sure if Caleb will be able to test right away this morning, so I also gave him a tsp of 20% HC food with his preshot LC meal to make doubly sure he was safe until the depot drains. Overkill maybe, but I'm beyond caring when I'm not there to ensure he stays safe.

I hope I can stay awake today. It's days like today when being an insomniac comes in handy (I can handle a day or two of no sleep without too many ill effects). :rolleyes: I hope you all have a wonderful day today and I hope your kitties surf safely! Lou's already done enough shark hunting for everyone this morning! :facepalm::p:cool:

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow Lou has been keeping you on your toes. Draining the depot is a good idea. I think giving the HC was a good idea too. You need a break and Lou needs to stay safe.

Amanda and a Loudogg likes this.
  3. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Holy moly...LouDogg, Momma Bean needs some sleep. And he really isn't even bouncing and giving you a rest!

Good luck with the decrease, the drain and the HC. Wishing you some sleep.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hey there ! I sure hope you can get some much needed sleep tonight.

Yo Lou, give momma a break! ~ Bubba

5. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

6. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Nice start!
    Why do people drain the depots? I’m just trying to learn not questioning it:)

Kelly and Buddy likes this.
  7. Amanda and a Loudogg

Thank you everyone!!! :bighug::bighug: A gal can hope!

I think that's what's been throwing me for a loop! This ridiculously bouncy kitty who had me in tears a few weeks ago because I was so sick of seeing pinks has not even gone above renal threshold in almost 1.5 weeks!! I'm absolutely shocked at how level he's been! Even considering we had a long car ride and I've noted two BGs in the 30s this week alone and he still just cruises on.

I'll be honest with you, I had never even though of needing to drain Lou's depot before our trip last weekend. This week, he has been going so low, so instead of just reducing and risk having the depot effect the reduced dose for up to 3 days (is it a full three days?? a couple-few cycles at least), I decided to drain the depot (either by a reduced dose - known as a BCS dose, or a no shot). It's a quicker way to adjust the depot so that hopefully the kitty won't keep going too low. Lately at least, Lou's shown to not have a really adverse reaction to draining the depot, so it's been an easy way for me to keep him in safer numbers.

8. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Lou, give the beans a break and your ears a break. Hope you and Caleb get some rest.

9. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Thanks, I’ve seen where different people were doing thst but I had no idea why, thanks agaim

10. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

She hit her dose! The same thing happened with Bubba. While it is tiring, it is so lovely to see and gives lots of hope to getting her more regulated.

Hang tight, Momma!

11. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Wow :eek: good catch Amanda. Slow down there Lou! Good call on draining the depot to be safe.
    I hope he did ok today and he doesn't keep you up the entire night!

12. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

I'm glad you asked. I'm new to this also and I wondered the same thing.

Beck and Philly and Bellasmom like this.
  13. Amanda and a Loudogg

Wow, talk about an extreme shift. PMPS = 342.

Surprising? No, but I was hoping for another calm NS/Reduced dose. I think the depot may finally be drained. I went ahead and gave 2.5u instead of 2.75u. I'm honestly really curious to know what he'll do with it. It looks like there should be no problem getting sleep tonight, but he just may prove me wrong.

.... I really shouldn't be so bummed to see that pink, but after I gushed about it earlier I find myself more sad about it than I should be. :arghh: I hope he bounces right back for my own piece of mind.

Beck and Philly likes this.
  14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

How did Caleb's procedure go?

I hope Lou lets you get some sleep tonight. Another reason for a skip to drain the depot is that Lou tested postivie for IAA. We'll never know for sure, but it could be some antibodies have given up the ghost, causing the downward pressure on the dose. I also suggest an extra helping of caution on a downward facing IAA cat.

Tonight's numbers could also include a delayed bounce, another hallmark of IAA kitties.

15. Amanda and a Loudogg

Hiya Wendy! Caleb's procedure went well, thank you for asking! He spent most of the rest of the day yesterday sleeping/in bed. The eye itself looks much better today, although it's still blurry enough to make it impossible to see out of. It should continue to improve though.

Good point about the IAA. I was wondering if that could be causing some of these shenanigans. Boo to delayed bounces. Hoping it's not an extended bounce either. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.