8/18 Uncle AMPS 129, +2 130, +6 46, +6.5 86, +7.5 114, PMPS 200, +3 223

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Barbara & Uncle (GA), Aug 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...hrs-late-3-5-232-6-236-pmps-214-3-208.182405/

Yesterday's numbers started out good enough and then got a bit ugly:
    AMPS 193, +2 198, +6.5 214, PMPS 259, +3 323

Can't discern any particular pattern yet since starting his heart meds. Hoping things will settle down and at least be a little more consistent. Looks like I'll be giving Uncle a dosecrease tomorrow or the next day if he doesn't present better nadirs.

I woke up and Uncle was cuddling with me and being very purry this morning. Happy mama!
    Taking him in in an hour for the EKG/ECG recheck.

2. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Looks like he might be settling in with the meds with the nice start this morning. I'll check later for the cardio update and hope it all went well :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Barbara & Uncle (GA) likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice on the cuddling. I hope the recheck goes well. Sending prayers.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Nice start today. Neko seemed to like to dive on cardio days. Hope your visit is a good one.

5. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Well Uncle followed suit and hit 46. Gave him a tablespoon of 21% and a big drop of honey. It brought him up nicely so I just fed him some low carb food. I am supposed to have dinner with friends at their house tonight (silly me making plans!). I'll check again and make sure he is holding his own 2 hours after his high carb food. If not, I guess I'll have to cancel :( and stare at my cat :cat:

The visit was short and okay. Had them give him a B-12 shot and reweigh him. We had a little scare. His weight came back 1 lb lighter than a week ago :nailbiting:. The vet took him into the surgery room to weigh him on that scale and he was at the same weight as last week.
    She still picked up the arrhythmia on the stethoscope and said there was still "spiking" on present on the EKC. They'll send the results to the cardio vet and he will recommend any changes to Uncle's meds and/otr treatment plan.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  6. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Just got a surprise call from my vet. The cardio doc got the results wrote this to Uncle's vet:
    "The VPCs" are better -but still present.
    I would recommend we increase the Sotalol to 2 mg/kg PO q12h and recheck in a week. This is overall improvement but not control. I bet the higher dose will dial us in. I expect we see SOME VPCs, but it should be less than this."

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

That sounds like good news. I hope Uncle lets you go out tonight.

8. Julie and Eleanor (GA)

Julie and Eleanor (GA) Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.