8/20 DAVIDSON PMPS 47, +.5-56, +.75-83, +2-51, + 3-49, +3.5-46, +4-55, +5-60

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shawna & Davidson (GA), Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Sonia & Leo and LizzieInTexas like this.
  2. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Work that new dose Davidson :cat:.

He is looking so great!

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Congrats on the reducie. :D

4. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

Glad you got a reduce Davidson. Hope your feeling good

5. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Congrats on the reduction :cat: I see that 50 - surf safe today Davidson!

6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Good job Davidson.

7. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Gave some MC food at +3 as had to leave for a bit and didn't want Davidson to drop..........so his +3.25 was up and I left.........

8. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

OH OH........Davidson just got a 47 for his PMPS and I just fed him his normal food for now............I can stall but DON'T THINK I SHOULD SHOOT, as this will clearly drop him more. He was to get a reducie to 2.5u

Not shooting............monitoring closely to make sure no hypo.......

If you think I should give him a drop or two of insulin let me know asap before 18:00 which is 30 min past shot time.

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    Reason for edit: added text
  9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

When below 50 at shot time, next time do NOT feed. Then wait 15 minutes and retest to see if he's going up. Check out the Sticky Note on handling low preshots, there is a section that covers this. For now, don't feed more, do not shoot yet. Test again in 30 and see if he's coming up. If he starts to zoom up, ou may yet get a shot in tonight, though you could have to wait a while. Worst case, and it's not so bad, ou skip.

10. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shoot, I forgot about that....been 4 yrs, lol. Dumb ass I am.....ok, test again in a bit and he gets a reducie tomorrow morning and hopefully he doesn’t bounce too much tonight.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

But next time you will remember. :) Every cycle is a do over.

12. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

If your schedule will permit, I would test again 30 minutes after he ate and if he came up, I would shoot to keep the momentum. The higher depot could still be at play here so you might want to shoot 2.5 again since you have given him 3 reductions in a row although they were only by 0.1 unit. It's your call, the worse case scenario is that you will have to go back up a bit if another reduction fails.

13. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Ok, just tested 30 min. later and he's 56 but ate close to a half can of reg. LC food............I am OKAY to shoot if you think he's okay as I am home and handle low numbers well and have my HC food an dkit here.

Should I shoot?

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  14. Bobbie And Bubba

I would shoot.

15. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Yes, I think so as Davidson handles low numbers well. I'm only 30 min. past normal time so he'll be okay.

16. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

17. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

QUESTION: Davidson is on a reduced dose of 2.5 today due to going under 40 yesterday.............if he goes under 40 tonight do I do another reduction or perhaps I should hold this dose a few day and NOT RUSH the decrease. It might be better to let him get used to this dose and then reduce in a couple of days. He's making great progress right now and would not want to affect the depot and start bouncing............

Thoughts?? Remember I can be here 24/7 to watch him if need be......

18. Bobbie And Bubba

Some kitties go racing down the dose ladder and you have to take back to back reductions. What I would use as your barometer whether to do that would be if he goes under 40 tonight, how hard was it to get him to go back over 50 ? How much HC did you have to give him? If it was hard and a lot of HC food then I would give the reduction again. Otherwise, I would hold the 2.5 and let the depot get stable. The higher dose could still be talking at this point.

19. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Thanks Bobbie........so far tonight he only got LC food and still dropping...........yesterday when he went under 40 he got 1 tsp MC food (FF Turkey Feast in Gravy) and went up steadily within 30 min. and kept going up. Right now, he's pretty much done eating for the night and has food in his bowl but I will feed him the MC food if he drops below 40, which should be within a couple hours. In other words, not hard at all to get him over 50

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.