8/21 DAVIDSON PMPS 65, +2-86, +3-61, +4-53, +5-5 1, +6-50, +7-66, +9-69

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shawna & Davidson (GA), Aug 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

2. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

If you squint it's green :D

:bighug:

3. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Davidson really wanted to see the sharks yesterday. o_O Keep it safe today buddy!

4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Nice start!

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Davidson. :cool::D:)

6. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Haha, for a cat he surely like to swim! I’m lucky he handles the low numbers well, hopefully he just enjoys a wave of green today. He’s got one more night on pain meds, so he’s not entirely himself and still limping. That said, he still jumps onto the desk at test time and is eating well......each day is an adventure !

Sonia & Leo and Osha like this.
  7. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Someone is headed back to the lagoon today! Nice numbers Davidson :) Hang tight to your board...stay away from those sharkies and give Luci a shout when you're in the lagoon...she needs some encouragement...she wandered way, way too far away from the lagoon yesterday for unknown reasons...silly girl.:facepalm:

8. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Hey Luci......I'm back!! Where you hiding? I saw you down here the other day and looks like you headed for higher ground. Get back here where the waters warm and I'll stick around and wait. If I visit the hot spots, don't worry - I'll be back in no time.

9. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Into the shark tank again...........must be some nice specimens down there as Davidson seems to be visiting them daily!

10. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Fed HC food (1 tsp) and retesting in 15 min. Into the shark tank, but he's okay and safe!!

He's earned a reduction with the 40, however I'm wondering if it's too early to reduce as this could effect his depot since he's had a .25 reduction yesterday and some skinny reductions in the couple days before.

11. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

All done for now, safe at 57 (+5.25) - crazy cat!! Sure does like that HC food and it works well for him as he only got 1 tsp and some LC cookies as a treat.

12. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Wow, look at Davidson go:D

13. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

@Sienne and Gabby (GA) @Marje and Gracie @Wendy&Neko

DOSE QUESTION FOR PMS 8/21

Have a peek at Davidson's SS.......he's on the hypo mode daily and although he shows no symptoms and jumps back to the safety of the greens quickly, I'm not sure being that low is good for him.

With the 40 he earned a reduction, but with the few he already got this week I'm wondering if I should REDUCE TONIGHT to keep him in the safe numbers?? If so, reduce by .25 or just a skinny amount? I want to keep the momentum going and supposed to stay on the dose for 6 cycles (I know I don't follow it at all times with my aggressive approach) but it's important for Davidson to be SAFE!!! My gut is to reduce him looking at today's numbers, but by how much? Ahhh, that's the question

Suggestions Please???

14. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Can someone suggest the dose for Davidson as per above??? I don't want him to hypo and it's a catch 22 whereas if I give him the same dose of 2.5u he will hypo, and since I've NEVER BEEN IN THIS SITUATION before I am not sure if I should reduce as it could mess up his depot?

15. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

It's below 40 that earns a reduction for long term diabetics on TR. The depot canninfluence 4-6 cycles after a reduction, so you could even be seeing some of the 2.9 unit depot in there today. Then there's the practicality of his fondness for sharks lately. :eek: Two options. Option 1 is a reduced dose or BCS dose tonight to drain the higher depot, and resume with 2.5 units tomorrow. Option 2 is to try the 2.25 unit dose, but you still could have some 2.75 depot in there. Might still be interesting tonight.

What do you feel like doing?

16. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Well, I thought about the situation and all the surrounding information I have..........Davidson has built such momentum with his numbers that I didn't want to reduce his insulin again. I gave him him the 2.5u knowing I'm here and how well he handles the low numbers. I have HC food and if he drops to 50, then I'm going to give him HC food to keep him from dropping further. That way he sustains his BG on this dose and I can test every hour rather then each 15 min. I want to give him the full 3 days on this dose to even out his depot and then allow him to drop and hopefully he earns a reduction. I understand 40 and under get a reducie, but I didn't want him getting one so quickly.

It will certainly be interesting tonight no matter what, LOL...........

Thanks Wendy for your reply and I think I made the right decision........sorry for posting a 911, was trying to get someone - me bad!!

17. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

Good luck with Davidson tonight I hope he's a good boy for you and doesn't drop to low. 'I keep reading his progress

18. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Looks like Luci and Davidson were chasing sharks together today! :eek: At the same time no less! 4+, 5+...little brats! :facepalm: Luci's getting a reducie...hope she'll behave tomorrow...she sure didn't want to spend much time on her new reduction - - only a few days ago!:facepalm:

19. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Dose is holding well so far, but Davidson still isn't really walking and it's now a bit worse. All day laying down even to eat. It appears to the the phosphorous count is high, his is 1.8 but they say to give him the supplement to reduce it when the number is over 1.9. I have ordered it and get it on Thursday I hope......I'll go to the vet tomorrow and see if they have any, and can't think of anything else it could be. His last pain med it tonight and it's making Davidson constipated, so I gave him some of Harley's Restoralax.........it worked this morning as he had a big poop, and then some loose poop (yuck) so he's not getting more of it. I'm hoping once he gets on the supplements and the glucosomine kicks in he'll be better.

20. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Low potassium can impact leg strength. Has the vet suggested something for that? Supplementation should be done under close supervision of the vet, with follow up testing. High phosphorus shouldn't impact legs, but rather appy.

21. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

I think it was a good move to hold the dose and watch. Back to back reductions may not produce the desired results. One doesn't have time to observe properly.
    Vines for Davidson to feel better soon.

Hugs and scritches,

22. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Shawna. I think with the way you are able to monitor and that this is his second rodeo, I might have done the same thing and held this dose rather than reduce again. I do think it's just a matter of time before you give him another reduction. :)

23. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Davidson’s labs are on his SS and his phosphorus is high and potassium is low. The vet agreed that he should get a potassium gluconate supplement of 2 scoops twice daily with food and Aluminum Hydroxide phosphorus binder of 1tsp per day (Harley gets the same). Since mh delivery is Thursday I’m going to see if I can get some of this tomorrow’s the vet should have it.

Now that I’m thinking back, I don’t think the arthritis was causing Davidson’s limping last week - it was the low potassium, but from what isn’t that bad as they say at 1.9is when you start the supplements. ECID so maybe that with his arthritis is what caused it. The good thing is I saw the change and at that time also decided to do the geriatric blood panel, which as you know exposed th RKD.....I’m happy to have caught that in the very early stages in spite of not having a cure.

He’s eating and drinking and once the pain meds wears off I’m sure Davidson will also feel better. There is an emergency vet close by and once Davidson is over his risk of dropping then I may call and see if they have the supplement and go get it. The earlier stating the better.

Oh, his urinalysis was fine and showed no issues.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  24. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

Garfie and I send healing vines and big hugs to Davidson and Harley too

25. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

:cool:

26. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

At +6 fed some HC food so he didn't drop and can remain on this dose for another day.............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.