8/22 DAVIDSON PMPS 129, +2-147, +3.5-98, +4.5-77 , +6-66 , +8-74

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shawna & Davidson (GA), Aug 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

2. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Nice start!

5. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Look at that nice start! :D If he drops below 40 today, I'd give him another reduction. It's just a matter of time before he does.

6. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

OMG.....no below 40's haha, using too many test strips and I want to leave the house for a change, LOL............judging by his +2 it shouldn't take long at all.........well, it's yucky out so no riding or golf and if I have to stay in I guess looking after Davidson is not too bad. At least if he goes below 40 this morning, I can feed him HC food all day and not have to worry about him. This reminds me of 4 yrs ago when he kept dropping. We're both dropping - his numbers and my sleep :rolleyes:

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  7. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

3 hrs to reach under 40............ouch! he's great, fed HC food and reducie tonight to 2.25

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  8. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

So that 33 is going to far. Yep reduce in order but did it need to be so dramatic!

9. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

I told Davidson Olive said to go slow, but he doesn't listen. he's rising up and I'll give him HC food until past 50......don't want him to get too much as he won't eat the other crapola cuz it's not as yummy. Good news is the Phosphorous supplement is in today and will start H&D on it. You'd be surprised how easily Davidson can walk when he gets a smell of the HC food being fed to him.......as if nothing is wrong. haha.

10. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Holy Sharkaroni!! Davidson can certainly hold his breath down there deep in the shark cave...........too him a while but he finally came up for air. I don't have HC treats, but gave him some pill pockets as I'm sure they are filled with crapola that tastes better then pills, lol. I've been with him, and gave him his HC (which I think is MC food FF Turkey Feast Grilled in Gravy) and a small packet of honey. I will replenish my HC food shortly when I see he is higher again as the last bit of food stuffs should raise his levels more...........then I will buy a lot more since I think this is the pattern for the next while.

I am going to buy a mask and snorkel so I can dive deep with Davidson, seeing as I cannot hold my breath as long as he can..............When he gets better I am going to give him shiet big time!

11. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Boy when he goes for it, he goes:nailbiting:
    Nice job Shawna

12. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Hmm, too many pill pockets over 2 hr span (3) and one restaurant container thingy of honey and almost a full can of HC FF pushed him into the blues. I am okay with that as left to pick up the supplements for his RKD and more test strips. Being gone for 2 hrs I needed to insure he would be good, he is. Back to the normal routine again for later today and will be interesting to see how the phosphorous and potassium supplements work - should fix his weakness in his legs, I hope.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  13. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Sorry I missed your tag. I’ve had to be off the board a few days. I see Wendy responded so I won’t add anything further. :)

14. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

All good!!

Vet update with my own meeting, no H&D.......haha

Impressed with Davidson's FD progress and see's his SS and likes it, agrees with the decreases
    Confirmed giving both H&D FortiFlora daily
    Confirmed giving D 2 scoops w/food 2xday RenalK as potassium supplement
    Confirmed giving H&D 1 tsp/day Alum. Hydr. for phosphorous

Will do another blood test (CBS) only or is it (CBC) within a month to insure levels as with stress on cats some results can be a + or - of what they show.

Overall both Guys are in excellent condition for their 16.5 years and I should not worry at this stage about the RKD, but agrees to start supplements to assist.

15. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

A small note on that - you should divide the Al Hydroxide up so you add a bit to each meal. It has to be with the meal to bind with the phosphorus.

Congrats on the reduction! Good luck on the potassium helping the legs.

16. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

I gave them both the Alum Hydr with the first feeding of 1/2 can.........I am aware of with food, and tomorrow I will split it up for am&pm feeding.

Thanks Wendy

17. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Oppps, I forgot to mention in my update that Davidson still has problems walking, his back legs are week from his potassium levels being low so they can’t support him. He eats laying down, spends most of the day sleeping or laying down unless he decides to jump on the desk and sleep there knowing I’ll be there within time. I don’t think he’s in pain or he wouldn’t jump - then again who knows.

I’m sure it will take a few days for the supplements to kick in....at least his FD is getting controlled somewhat.

18. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

Davidson please get better and give mommy a bit of a break. Harley that goes for you to

Joanne&TinySole likes this.
  19. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Really worried about Davidson.............feels as if all the muscles are gone in his hind legs and he can't stand at all. He is eating and drinking water when I assist him, and doesn't look very well. Perhaps reacting to all the supplements or from being so low earlier this morning?? He started to take a downturn this afternoon, but still wasn't walking much this morning............not sure what it is, and hoping it's the low potassium which says that is a symptom. I put plastic sheeting on the floor around him and blankets on top, LB's are 2 feet away and in case he has an accident I'm covered. I'm sleeping on the floor beside him and most likely Harley will join us too. It's such a drastic change so quickly, when he was doing so well with the diabetes.

20. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Ah Shawna! I am so sorry to be reading this. I hope that if it is low P , that the levels will come up ASAP.

You sleeping on the floor next to him reminds me when my youngest son was 18 months old and on Christmas Eve when we were to fly out to Colorado to visit my in-laws, the airport closed in Denver ( first time in the history of the airport ) due to a huge storm. We had to go back home and that night my son started vomiting. I decided to sleep on the floor next to his crib to check on him and in the middle of the night his had a seizure! ( febrile seizure) Ugh. Sorry for reliving this.......

I hope your night is much more uneventful that the one I described above. That was 34.5 years ago, but I remember it well.

Sending hugs. :bighug:

21. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

Aww Davidson sorry to hear your not feeling well. Hope you feel better in morning. From everything your mommy has told me it sounds like your a fighter. Rest relax and be that fighter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.