8/27 Ming +11.25 = 31 (honey and FF), +11.75 = 144, +14 = 259

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Crista & Ming, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

Beth 73 likes this.
  2. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Bring it on down Ming:bighug::bighug:

Crista & Ming likes this.
  4. Penelope and Mačka

Penelope and Mačka Well-Known Member

Mh my! Blacks and reds Noooooooo! Ming! Don't copy the Macka please!

5. Crista & Ming

+7 = 164

He’s back down! I’m surprised and I guess that is due to the strength of the depot.

6. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Ming, I think you're protesting..... it seems you didn't like those LIMES yesterday!! :p
    Hope he does well on the reducie! Have a great day Crista! :)

7. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Have a great evening Crista and Ming! Nice to see him back in blue after that nasty black! Best of luck with the reduction!

8. Crista & Ming

9. Penelope and Mačka

:nailbiting::nailbiting::D:D You can't shoot with this number, can you? I wouldn't ^^

Hope his numbers come up very soon! Please keep us updated!

10. Crista & Ming

Definitely not. I may shoot later and make it an 18 hour cycle. But not sure what dose tonight

Penelope and Mačka likes this.
  11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

This cat is crazy making! :eek: The power of not pred, Did you retest that 31?

Maybe 4.5 units at +18?

12. Crista & Ming

I was thinking 4 units but I’m at home all day tomorrow so I don’t mind doing 4.5.

No I didn’t retest. D’oh!!! I kinda thought he was low because he kept meowing at me really weirdly. And I joked to my mom that maybe he’s low.

13. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Seems like a really big jump in half an hour, which is why I asked about retesting. You could try 4 units, it will be easier on you and the other family testers.

14. Crista & Ming

The 144 was after I gave him about 1/2 tsp honey and 1/4 can of FF. He ate about 90% of that. Sorry! Didn’t put it in the notes yet.

15. Crista & Ming

But yes that’s quite a jump now that I take a closer look at the other times he’s been low and then fed honey.

+12.25 = 184

My SS is messy right now but I’ll fix it later tonight.

16. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Do NOT shoot a number below 50.

You could do 2 18 hr cycles or you could skip tonight, deplete the depot a bit, and shoot tomorrow at your regular time.

17. Crista & Ming

I think depending on his number at +18, I may do 4.5 units. I’m home all day anyway.

18. Crista & Ming

Definitely not shooting :) I’m going to try an 18 hour cycle as I skipped last night and don’t want to risk no insulin with him.

19. Crista & Ming

Sigh. Now I wonder if the 31 was a bad test. He’s in the yellows now. But oh well! Next time I’ll try to remember to retest.

Some rambling:
    I ordered the OneDrop meter (subscription with unlimited strips!!!!!) and it sort of arrived... it arrived. It was at my door step. The mailman was holding it. But then took it away because it went through customs and he suggested that he bring it back to HQ to see if I can get the fee taken off. I almost just wanted to pay the fee but he was very insistent that I don’t spend my money :p

The Relion/Akray is much cheaper but the variability between tests stresses me out. I don’t like that in the same minute, I can get readings that are 60-100 points off (at least in my experience). My OneTouch Ultra doesn’t do that and gives me the same or similar reading. Same with the FreeStyle Libre. I can only hope the OneDrop is the same since I spent a quite a bit of money.

Also Ming hasn’t been too interested in eating his raw chicken food even when I mix it with FF. Then I pulled out the pork and he ate it all up. Guess he’s a pork-y guy.

Now what am going to do with my 2 kg of chicken... lol!!!

Penelope and Mačka likes this.
  20. Penelope and Mačka

Chicken soup! Maybe he'll like it?

21. Crista & Ming

lol! I doubt he'll eat that. I just thought that maybe the cat sanctuary will appreciate it. I'll keep it for now and see how long it takes him to hate the pork. :rolleyes: