8/28 Tina AMPS 134 +5.5 130 +8 130 PMPS 118

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tina Marie (GA) and Jan, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Yesterday

All is well on the home front. I had to be gone, and DH stayed home today. I instructed to please please, feed a snack at +3 just to be safe (usually snack is at +4). I texted DH at +3 and reminded of the snack. In no time, I got a text back telling me she was 142!!! I would have waited a little longer on the snack, but I was highly impressed with him taking over. I had previously shown him how to test, but he was braver when I wasn't there hovering! He was quite impressed with how Tina just sat and waited for him to finish.

It was so cute, twice yesterday my little girl came right to me when she saw the tester. I no longer give her a treat every time either. Trained kitty, haha!

All the best,
    Love, Tina and me

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Isn't it wonderful when they 'figure it out'??? So glad for you - and Tina! And DH too! Wonderful job there DH! Now if you can only get him to cover all the rest of the time :)

3. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

I'm happy and proud, Sue! He thinks the shot would be easier than testing. But I don't want him to give a fur shot, and mess up progress. I need to let go, since he is so willing, right?:nailbiting:

4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

If he's willing to learn how to do it...gotta give him a chance :) We all make the mistake of FS's some times...it happens...if he can test, he can give the shot - just takes the same kind of gentle but firm hand - and of course the details of getting the correct amount and making that final judgement call as to whether to or not based on that pre-shot number. I'd put my money on him :)

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice that your DH is willing to help. I'd let him try giving shots.

6. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Hope you are having an enjoyable day and it's nice that your husband is there for you and Tina, that means a lot:)
    Tina looks nice and safe on the beach; maybe she will visit the lagoon when Mama gets home:D
    Have a good one!!:bighug:

7. Penelope and Mačka

Penelope and Mačka Well-Known Member

That's adorable, and great news! She's earned a treat just for being so sweet and willing!!

8. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Does Tina get a reduction at 68 because you use an Alpha Trac meter?

Ravan used to come when I rattled the test strips. Now he's tired of it all & goes the other way! :(
    [​IMG]

9. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

I will put my money on him, for shots, I just needed a kick of encouragement, thank you.
    The nicest thing of all, is that I finally got him interested in spreadsheets and curves :), so he might even be able to handle everything.

10. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Happy Wednesday!
    Yes on the reduction at/under 68 with the AlphaTrac.
    Also, If I hadn't started intervening early, and often, she would have easily gone under 68. So I wasn't worried about taking the reduction at 68 instead of 67.
    Ravan may be smarter than Tina!

11. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

They all just do what they want. I don't think "smart" has much to do with it ! :rolleyes:

12. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

:) It's so good to have that support, good for him! Hope you all have a good evening!

13. Suzanne Burton

Suzanne Burton Well-Known Member

Tina sure is having a nice surfing day. You're doing great!

14. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Thank you!
    It's odd - she didn't have much of a nadir today, I could have missed a little dip though. I also see it could be time for an increase because we are on the sixth cycle. My gut says leave things alone a while longer - stay at current dose. If I were to increase, I'd adjust the calipers to a dose between .62 and .75. o_O weird?

15. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

The increase answer could change depending on PMPS, but I don't expect much change.

16. Sonia & Leo

That's a good thing to have a nice flat curve and no bouncing, she's doing really good!

17. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Thank you Sonia - I agree, flat is great, but would she have a better chance of remission if we run lower numbers? (If I was using the meter the protocol was written for, she would be a lot greener.)

Another thought in favor of holding the dose - she is getting more exercise now since feeling better, and might just slide down gradually quite soon anyway.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  18. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Nice flat cycle! That’s one of the benefits of Lantus.
    Great your DH will test! I bet he’ll be giving shots in no time and do great!

19. Sonia & Leo

Sorry Jan, I’m not familiar with the Alpha Track and how the numbers compare to a human meter but I’d like to know also out of curiosity (we use a human meter). We can ask, I’m sure there’s some very knowledgeable people here that can explain it.

This is the way I look at it. Leo’s pancreas is in control, not me. All I can do is try to compensate with insulin and follow his lead.

So If I follow the protocol to the best of my abilities, plus try to keep Leo in the “healing zone” so his pancreas has a chance to heal, plus if Leo’s pancreas cooperates and starts kicking in, he will become regulated and maybe go into remission. (again)

Sounds simple right? :rolleyes:

There’s a lot of variables that come into play also like food, overall health, age, amount of time since diagnosis etc….

The important things are never feel alone, we all have each other and tons of wonderful knowledgeable people that we can call upon for help or questions, no question is dumb and never give up hope!

Just think about how far you’ve come with Tina, she had trouble walking a few weeks ago and now look at her, she’s improving every day!