8/6/2018 PHOEBES AMPS 100 +4 76 labs posted

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Phoebes (GA), Sep 6, 2018.

1. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

2. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Phoebe eats more for you today. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  4. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Appy vines for Miss P :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  5. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

A little better is good news.

:bighug: for you.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry about the poor appy. :bighug::bighug: The every other day chlorambucil really knocked Neko off her food too. Going to the larger dose chemo, once every two weeks was much better. She got her appy back after four days and we had 10 days of good eating. I think I would include the pulsed dose of chlorambucil, and going to a steroid before making any decisions.

Sorry for the brief reply. On a sailboat and the marina has wifi, so checking in for a bit, back home this weekend.

7. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Did you only have the CBC done and not the superchem?

I wouldn’t be overly concerned about the platelets.....they can be increased due to IBD or lymphoma and you are already cognizant of the IBD. IBD/lymphoma can also cause high lymphocytes. The odd one is the basophils as seeing any of them aids rare much less that high. My knowledge is limited here. I know that if elevated basophils are seen, it is typically in comjunction with elevated eosinophils but hers are normal. You might discuss this with your vet. It could be nothing or it could br something to do with her bone marrow producing too many basophils.

Her HCT is on the borderline of anemia. There aren’t enough tests for me to tell if this could be regenerative or nonregenerative so it’s best to discuss with the vet. I don’t know but it’s worth asking if it could be linked to her treatments in any way.

8. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Have you tried the liver shake? It looks totally gross to me but it did help with Gizmo and, since it has raw liver it might help with the anemia (and eating).

I blended it up in the blender and then put it in a shaker bottle in the fridge for a couple of days and then froze the rest in an ice cube tray so I could give when needed.

THE '~LIVER SHAKE~' FOR SICK CATS

This liquid food is appropriate for cats suffering from conditions where they are eating very little or not at all such as anemias, leukemias, deficiency states with symptoms of lethargy, listlessness, and weakness.

1 cup RAW LIVER (BEEF, or CHICKEN)
    1 cup FRESH CARROT JUICE or V-8, or Tomatoe Juice
    1/4 cup *FRESH FILTERED WATER
    1 RAW EGG YOLK
    1 tsp.KELP POWDER OR SPIRULINA

COMBINE AND MIX IN A BLENDER UNTIL LIQUEFIED. (Note: it will be frothy)

Dosage:

Administer 10cc daily 3-6 times a day. (6Occ per day max)

Some cats will need to be force-fed with a syringe, while others will drink it out of a bowl.

This food has a sweet and salty taste, and the energetic properties of tonifying (energy boosting), warming and stimulating and supports the kidneys, spleen, liver and stomach.

This drink is a complete dinner for a sick cat until they feel good enough to eat by themselves again.

You can get the kelp or spirulina from GNC (~$10) - I can check my notes but I think 4-5 capsules equal 1 teaspoon. The rest at the grocery store. I used chicken liver and a generic tomato juice.

Phoebes (GA) likes this.