? 8/6 Scooter PMPS 89, +4 100, +8 101, AMPS 102, +1 129 Dose Advice

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jill & Scooter, Aug 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/scooter-pmps-212-4-176.200384/
    Good Morning L & L,
    I hope everyone's kitties had a good night. Scooter has been on 9.25 u for 10 cycles. His BG has been great! I am so, so happy to see these numbers! I'm just not sure what to do next. Do I increase a little or hold this dose a while longer? If I do need to increase, how much? I'm off to work, Hope all you kitties surf safe today!

2. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

I wouldn't increase just yet, Scooter is looking really good, this dose is getting regular 60s and 70s. I'd keep on going with this dose :). If you start seeing cycles where the numbers are rising, and nadirs aren't reaching what you are currently getting, then you can consider an increase, but he's doing awesome right now.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Did you ever get the high dose tests done for Scooter? The answer to those tests might influence what I would say on dose. He is spending most of his time in blues, with some greens, which is a gnreat goal for a cat with one of the high dose conditions. If he just needs more insulin than most cats, you might try for a dose that gives him just a bit more greens, less blues.

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  4. Jill & Scooter

Thank you Christie! I am just thrilled with his numbers finally getting to where they are!

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  5. Jill & Scooter

I haven’t been able to get the tests yet. It seems to be one thing after another here lately. DH messes up his back, have had two MRIs so far, he’s not been able to work much the last couple of weeks and will have to have at least one possibly two surgeries. Had to take one of my horses to the vet Saturday too. I still plan on getting the testing done, it’s just going to have to wait a bit. I was wondering about maybe a fat 9.25 u? He doesn’t seem to need much more, but some more greens would be good.
    THANKS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.