8-8-2018 Jones AMPS 272 PMPS 184

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tracey&Jones (GA), Aug 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

He is not looking too good today. He did eat all his food yesterday. I think it is down to the few bites of RC Recovery he got into yesterday. I was feeding it to his civvie sister and he got a few bites out of her treat bowl. I will have to be more vigilant in the morning and wait to clean up the LB's.

Hope his OTFJ (Only Turkey for Jones) diet will get this inflammation down quickly.

These BG's are climbing back up...inflammation, need to increase, bounce? As usual I am in the dark.

Other than that...it is hot, dry and smokey here (wild fires to the west of us).

Surf safe kitties.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Jones feels better today. If the RC food is bothering him that could be affecting his numbers today. I'd wait and see where he goes today and then see about changing his dose.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  3. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Sometimes I have to remember I cannot go off while the cats are eating. One civvie has been weird, needing me to stay nearby or he will leave his dish. :rolleyes:

I hope Jones feels better once the RC Recovery food works its way out of his system. :cat:

4. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Oh, the things we do for our fur kids :cat: You are a good momma bean, Tracey :bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Manu & Porto

Manu & Porto Member

I hope Jones is better!! Wish I could help more but Im in the dark myself. Looking at your sheet, I notice his numbers started to raise close to mid July. Maybe look back and try to remember what is it that changed? We send many, many hugs, Porto and me!!

6. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Hi Tracey, sending some positive healing vines up your way, it's smokey, hot and dry here too. I don't mind it, but all my furry fellas are definitely affected. That makes me wonder...it may be a stretch, but didn't Jones have a bit of an asthma issue previously? There are air quality/health warnings here, is it possible that he's a bit more sensitive to the smoke and isn't feeling great because of it? My civvie hasn't had an asthma cough in ages, but did a few nights ago, and I don't open the windows. Just a thought :bighug:

7. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Hi, how is Porto doing? Yeah, that would be in the increased prednisolone dose to get his IBD flare under control. It takes us a while to get things controlled better and his numbers drop.

Manu & Porto likes this.
  8. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Yes, last summer he ended up in the ER for 3 days in an oxygen tent. They don't know what caused the breathing issue but it was very smokey then too. My civvie was diagnosed asthmatic about a week earlier. I have the house on lock down and the AC on. Except DH opened the windows after I went to bed and shot off the AC. Advised him not to do that as I don't want any breathing issues this year. That said does it keep out all the smoke? Probably not. We actually have a air quality warning issued for today. It may be part of the problem, or combination with the higher numbers and the ugly poop yesterday.

The heat seems to affect him quite a bit.

9. Manu & Porto

Manu & Porto Member

Oh, that would explain it. I hope it is working for him, with his IBD. We’re more or less in the same spot as you, we just started budesonide and the BG went up a lot. Not sure if we should dose again or wait a day, if it is allowed now in the beginning. Feel a bit like playing a guessing game.:bighug:

10. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Just follow the SLGS protocol and you will eventually get to a point that the numbers come down. Jones has earned reductions after the steriod dose increases eventually. For the budesonide, again follow the recommended dosing methods. I have done a few experiments with once a day vs. twice a day, changing when he gets the steriod....in the end I found that I give it at shot time and just know that sometimes I will get a weird "bump" in the numbers sometimes at around +6 to +8 then he usually comes back down.

It is a guessing game. FD is easy compared to the IBD in Jones' case.

11. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Taking my own advice, I came home and gave some chin scritches to Jones and some pets. He is looking better today.

Sean & Rufus likes this.
  12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

He has seen green on this dose, but high green. Not sure what your modifications are to SLGS regarding reduction/increase points. I never did like any dose that produced pinks, unless I knew for sure there was a low numbers event in there.

Ugh on your weather. In there 30's yet again here today and getting a bit hazy too, but not smokey yet like you. "They" are promising showers this weekend. I am looking forward to that, though they promised it for last weekend and they didn't show. :(

Glad to hear Jones is doing better tonight. :bighug:

13. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Reductions at 60, I will increase quicker if it looks like he needs it due to pred dose changes etc vs holding for 14. I was going to wait till tomorrow or Friday to see if the latest tummy upset subsides and if his numbers will drop. I am thinking he may need a touch more insulin overall though.

High of 33 tomorrow and 36 for Friday is in the forecast then 25 for Saturday and rain in Sunday. I am looking forward to the rain...clear some of the smoke out. It smells like a campfire...the whole city.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.