8/9 A2 Gizmo AMPS 337, PMPS 102, NS, +1 87, +2 108, +3.5 149

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by tobakett, Aug 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobakett

tobakett Member

Last condo
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/8-4-a2-gizmo-amps-315.200575

*sigh* this cat...

Freaked out yesterday since he had little appetite which is completely unlike him (he literally destroys things and attacks his sister when he gets hungry) to the point I had my ex husband stay at my house while I was at work to watch him. Noticed last night he was eating until all the liquid was gone and then the moment he had to chew a chunk of wet food he held his head sideways away from the bowl and then lost interest.

Needless to say, I think he has a bad tooth. I'm gonna take him to the vet tomorrow and have them look but I suspect I will be taking off work next week Thursday to take him in for dental work. I'm terrified, not just that something will go wrong, but of how the *bleep* I'm going to pay rent since I'm probably looking at close to a grand. Even the humane society is quoting close to 850 dollars and they wouldnt be able to get him in for 4-6 weeks...and I can't leave him in pain that long. I'll live off ramen for a few weeks if I need to if it means him not suffering. At least with my vet the cost includes a preventive health plan that will pay for his yearly shots, and 1 blood, fecal and urine screening as well as free exam visits whenever I need for a year.

After work I went and got some other varieties of food that were more "brothy". 6 packs of "Purely" Fancy Feast (given the flavor names are identical I think its what used to be "naturals") as well as a few roasted, flaked, or chunky cans that fell 6 or under on carbs. I figure if it makes me excited enough he will keep eating through the pain. I got a look at his back two upper molars and they are brown and gross and he cried when I touched one so...yeah...

No shot tonight since hes really low. Possibly from eating less. He wolfed down the fancy feast and I even poured a little of the gravy from his friskies pate on it to give him a boost.

I broke down and bought a Nova Max Plus to do blood keytones. Showed up as "Lo" which gave me a sigh of relief since I was scared given the number of no shots lately.

If it is dental, maybe it will explain why I have had so much trouble with getting him regulated. Right now hes acting normal, though a bit more lazy than usual, which I get since if I am in pain I like just napping too.

2. tobakett

tobakett Member

Well, I think the Purely Fancy Feast perked him up. Hes been begging for food so I took half a can of fancy feast chunky chicken and watered it down with like 4 tbsp of water and mixed it up really well and hes lapping that up and even eating the chunks. At this point, I'm not so worried that his numbers are gonna spike (due to NS) I'm just happy he is eating and being social again. He keeps holding his head funny when he chews on a chunk but hes not giving up and walking away.

Edit to add: he licked the bowl clean! Progress!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  3. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay for eating! :bighug:

4. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Yeah for bowl licked clean :woot:

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Great news that. He's eating again, and just fussy. :rolleyes::cat:

Getting a needed dental has helped many cats get better regulated.

6. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

:cat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.