9/12 Grandpa still with us

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Beck and Philly, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Beck and Philly

Beck and Philly Well-Known Member

Yesterday

I wasn't so sure what my update today would be, but the tough old guy is still here. He hates the syringe feeding, so when he decided to have the juice from a couple cans this afternoon for his lunch, I just opened cans and sat them in front of him.

He's spending the day in my bedroom with the island of misfit kitties to get a break from the rambunctious kittens. I just peeked in and was very happy to see that he is not in the meatloaf position as he was yesterday.

When he doesn't feel well he squints in the eye where his lens was removed back in February. I guess Regal is a true copycat.

20180912_150125.jpg

2. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

So glad he's feeling better today! You and Grandpa are in my prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

ETA: That's a really cute picture!:joyful:

3. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Yeah for our Grandpa the Wonder Kitty ❤️ And his Super Momma Bean, Beck :bighug:

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope he eats for you today. Sending prayers.

5. Ana & Frosty (GA)

Ana & Frosty (GA) Well-Known Member

How did you end up with this guy? I must have missed your introduction back in the day as I was probably wrapped up in my own drama :( Its so sad for me to hear about all his problems. He looks so comfortable and happy on your bed. You are taking such good care of him <3 I wish Frosty was more cuddly. He’s more of an own his own kinda guy. I’m thinking of making a little sleeping bag type setup in his room for myself so I can sleep on the floor next to him.

6. Beth 73

Ana, you are marvelous in your love and care of Frosty. :bighug:❤️

Beck and Philly likes this.
  7. Beck and Philly

My roommate and I had been donating food to a woman who was feeding a bunch of barn cats that were on property owned by a senior citizen. It's a long story, but we got a call one night telling us that the old man was in a nursing home and his daughter had called animal control to remove the cats. I had met Regal, the one in front in this pic, and my roommate had become attached to another cat. We went to the barn immediately to save those two. Grandpa followed us back and forth from barn to car. When we were ready to leave, I looked at my roommate and said that we can't leave him behind. She agreed so into the car he went. Best split second decision ever!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  8. Beck and Philly

I echo what Beth says here! You are a fantastic mama!

9. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Awwww...what a sweet thing you guys did! He knew he'd found some friends...that's why he was following you back and forth...he knew a good thing when he saw it. Glad he's getting some great TLC in his senior years :) :bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

I did this with Ty after his big hospital stay.

11. Beck and Philly

And he ate...on his own! Not a ton, but from two plates. What a wonderful creature he is!

On a side note, four cats eating wet food in a semi- dark room makes for a really creepy sound. If it was completely dark, I could see it being the background in a horror movie.

20180912_174628.jpg

12. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:AHHHH Beautiful picture!

13. Beth 73

And he ate !!!❤️❤️❤️❤️:woot::woot::woot::bighug::bighug:

14. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Good job grandpa!!!

15. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

What a fighting spirit he has! Great story of how he came to be yours - lucky kitty and lucky people! Love that photo of the two of them squinting together. :smuggrin::bighug:

Beck and Philly and Beth 73 like this.
  16. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Good lad Grandpa. You are such a fabulous pusscat :cat:

Slurpy slobbering snaffles in the dark eh?

Beth 73 and Beck and Philly like this.
  17. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

What a great report that he is eating and not meatloafing. That photo with them both squinting was too darn cute.

You are an amazing bean, Beck!

18. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

What a wonderful story of how Grandpa came to be with you.. I always say cats choose us!
    When I was at the shelter when I chose Sheba many years ago, another cat Maxie jumped up into the carrier I had put up high ready to put Sheba in. So he came home too!

So glad Grandpa is eating a bit for you. What an amazing boy he is!

19. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I love these stories!! You are right, they choose us!

20. Ana & Frosty (GA)

Ana & Frosty (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow. He literally found you and demanded you to take him home. I love this! You guys are amazing. Wishing more happy days for Grandpa <3

21. Beck and Philly

Oh there's no way you couldn't have taken Maxie! Good for you!

22. Beck and Philly

23. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

24. Beth 73

Good night , Grandpa ❤️ Good night , Trixie❤️ May you and all your furry siblings and your precious momma bean have wonderfully restfilled sleep ❤️