9/13/2018 PHOEBES AMPS 153 +3 76 Pmps 93 question about probiotic

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Phoebes (GA), Sep 13, 2018.

1. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...es-amps-111-4-92-pmps-98.203087/#post-2253253

Miss P is doing ok even tho she puked last night. She's eating pretty good this am. But gosh you can feel all her bones. :( we have blood work set for Monday morning. Her last chemo pill is for saturday so we see if bloodwork shows improvement. Crossing everything. Hope everyone has a great day, head bumps and scritches.

2. saltycat

saltycat Well-Known Member

paws crossed for Phoebe. If the intestinal walls have thickened it is harder for them to absorb those food calories. Hope the bloodwork comes back good and she can get a good appy going again.:bighug:

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad she is eating for you. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Phoebes (GA)

Do the probiotics clean her out. I have never seen so much poop in my whole life. Some 5 times a day. Small formed worm looking poops.

5. Phoebes (GA)

Thank you Wes, beginning to really hate this IBD crap. :(

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  6. saltycat

saltycat Well-Known Member

It can be discouraging to say the least. I'm guessing you have tried prednisolone for the intestines/IBD? They had us try it to try to reduce inflammation. No real effect on BG and is supposed to target intestines better then other steroids.

I tried human probiotics that were recommended by the board, I didn't notice any change but ECID... and I can sympathize with the constant poo's, at his peak Jack was getting 10-15oz of wet food per day and it has to come out sometime:)

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  7. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Looks like Phoebes headed for remission? I recently switched to Levemir & at first Ravan was doing very good but after only 9 days he bounced into Black & Red again.:arghh:
    I was hoping the Levemir would bring him down to at least yellow in a bounce.

I hope you get some good news from the lab work :)
    Sending Healing Energy! :bighug:

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  8. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

I hear you - been dealing with it for 3 years. Are those wormy stools just something you started seeing? There are many different probiotics to try - it's trial and error. I am currently using Proviable. The ibdkitties.net website and facebook page have lots of good information if you haven't looked at it yet.

9. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Vines for good blood work results for Phoebes!

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  10. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Vines for good bloodwork for Miss P. Sad to hear she is still vomiting though. Those chemo drugs are being hard on her.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  11. Phoebes (GA)

The vet is only going to do the steroids as a last hail mary. We will see with this bloodwork coming up if we have gotten anywhere. If not steroids it is. I wanted them but she said to wait to see if we make any progress with the chemo.

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  12. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Sending more vines for Phoebe tonight. I hope the bloodwork will yield some answers.
    Hugs and scritches,

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  13. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good luck with the bloodwork. Chlorambucil is more of a slow acting drug, not likely to see results by now. Usually a steroid, pred or budesonide is used in conjunction and does the heavy lifting until the chlorambucil has time to do it's thing. Phoebe's on such a small insulin dose that adding a steroid isn't something I'd worry about. Just adjust her dose to compensate, if you need to. Or try budesonide, which didn't impact Neko's BG at all. I wouldn't wait to do steroids. Neko saw improvement within days of starting budesonide, the civvie saw results almost immediately with pred.

14. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

I hope the blood-work is positive Angela :bighug: