9/17/2018 PHOEBES AMPS 126 +5 74 Vet update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Phoebes (GA), Sep 17, 2018.

1. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/9-16-2018-phoebes-amps-151-2-96-4-72-pmps-89.203268/

Miss P had the blood draw. Good news no more weight loss for 2 weeks. I would have sworn with all the pooping she is doing she would have lost another pound. Thank you Jesus. Just waiting now for vet to call and we talk about a plan.
    Guess what my friend who lost sweet Chandler adopted sister kitties that are 13 and 14, because a woman passed away and the vets were looking to adopt them out together. :) their names are Ally and Emmie. Pictures below. I'm so proud of her. Ally is first one and Emmie is below. Head bumps and scritches .

Attached Files:

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Good news about Miss P.'s weight. :) Kudos to your friend for taking in these adorable sister kitties! :bighug:

3. Phoebes (GA)

Thank you Kris! :bighug:

Noah & me (GA) likes this.
  4. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Yay Phoebe! One of the few ladies I know who doesn't want weight loss. ;)

I hope the report from the vet is good. Continued prayers for happiness and health.

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay for no weight loss. I hope you come up with a good plan for Phoebe. Those kitties are adorable. How kind of your friend to adopt them. Sending prayers.

Phoebes (GA) and Noah & me (GA) like this.
  6. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Your friend is an angel :bighug: To adopt 2 senior kitties. Sending big prayers that blood work yields a good report ❤️

7. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Awwwww....glad to hear Ms. P is doing well...AND such a nice lady to take in not ONE, but TWO Senior gals! Bless her little heart!!! :kiss::kiss:

8. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

9. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Good new on maintaining weight. Those are some very pretty older ladies.

10. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Allie (I assume the left) looks so sweet. Emmie looks like a teensy bit of trouble. Maybe it's just the lighting. :rolleyes:
    13 and 14? I'm 12 years old on the inside (men!) so we have something in common. And I always put the seat back down. I mean, it was already down to begin with right? What's the big deal! ;)

11. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Awesome update and love the kitties!

12. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Becky & Baby Girl GA Well-Known Member

Oh great news... so very kind of your friend! They get to grow old together in a happy place!

Phoebes (GA) and Beth 73 like this.
  13. Phoebes (GA)

So vet called, we are not getting anywhere. Her lymphocytes are still thru the roof, and she's back with anemia. She called after hours so I won't get a report until tomorrow to put in the figures. So she is giving her pred. It's a transdermal, some lady had to put her kitty to sleep and gave the rest to the vet for someone to use. We will do this for 10 days then get another blood test to see if anything has changed. I would ask for prayers for my girl. This is a last ditch effort to help her. @Wendy&Neko if her bg goes up we just start increasing by .25? Is that right?

14. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

15. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I'm glad your vet finally got on board with giving pred. I hope it helps your girl.:bighug: Yes, just increase the insulin to handle any increase in blood sugar. What dose is she getting?

The transdermal pred might be an issue. Transdermal prednisolone can be either poorly absorbed or unpredictable in absorption. Check out the second to last paragraph in this article. I gave prednisolone as pills - cheapest drug ever here. Though I have also used compounded chew treats which helped for the petsitter.

As for anemia, it's possible her body doesn't like the every other day chlorambucil. As I've said before, the "pulse" dosing where you give a slightly larger does every two weeks is much easier on them. Neko got a bit anemic from the Leukeran. Getting to the right dose of Leukeran really helped her.

16. Noah & me (GA)

Phoebes is a fighter with a caring momma bean. With a bit of luck and the right meds she will see another Christmas.
    For my favorite girls :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

17. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Absolutely, Angela, nonstop prayer for Phoebe and you ❤️:bighug: He is use to me and my kitty intercessions :bighug:

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  18. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

All huge hugs and positive thoughts for you and lovely Phoebes, Angela.
    Lots of these. :bighug::bighug:

Phoebes (GA) and Beth 73 like this.
  19. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Sending prayers and vines:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  20. Phoebes (GA)

She is just being nice knowing our finances and trying to help out. It is something I will be aware of. Thank you. She also knows how much fight we have pilling her. She's a beast when she wants to be. With an innocent face. Ha! I can't remember what she said, I think it was 5 mg. I will post more tomorrow when I pick up the meds. I guess we will know if her bg doesn't shoot up its not working. I know she is sensitive to the pred. :bighug:ty again for your wealth of knowledge and your caring.

21. Phoebes (GA)

Ty Beth. :bighug:

22. Phoebes (GA)

Thank you Dickson. I wanted to come back with a funny joke or quip, but my heart is just not in it today. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: your girls appreciate it.

Noah & me (GA) likes this.
  23. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The reason I mentioned the uneven absorption of the pred with transdermal, is that it might be a bit harder to predict what to do with the insulin dose. Most people on pred get an idea of when it'll take effect and for how long it'll impact the BG. I know you'll do a good job monitoring.

24. Noah & me (GA)

That's okay Angela. Your heart belongs to Phoebes right now. I don't want to clog up the thread with non-medical posts but you know we're all thinking of you both. Stay positive and take care of yourself so you'll be there for Phoebes. Maybe she wants her toaster.

25. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

26. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

27. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

Love light and healing. Archangel Raphael please heal and protect Phoebes:bighug::bighug::bighug:

28. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Sending unlimited prayers and :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

29. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Vines & Healing Energy :)

30. saltycat

saltycat Well-Known Member

How is she with liquids in her food? It was much easier me to use the compounded formula with some double chicken flavor. I found a local compounding shop that was much cheaper then your average walgreens/cvs. The staff was awesome and I would have to look but a 1 month supply was probably around $20.

Thinking about you and Phoebe:bighug:

31. Phoebes (GA)

Screenshot_2018-09-18-15-43-16.png her blood work values