9/18 Luci AMPS 277

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/9-17-luci-amps-269.219426/

After a nice afternoon and evening frolicking in the lagoon - Luci has once again skittered up to the higher branches of the lemon tree - must be that nest of lemons is just so attractive...who can figure? Oh well..Luci has her own style and I'm just here along for the ride... I never did care much for roller coasters...but by now I should be used to this one, huh?

Thank you all for your support and kind words on my continued uphill recovery process - I'm optimistic each day that I'm improving - and trying to take it one day at a time - sometimes I'm disappointed that I'm not feeling 100% just yet, but I'm impatient and had hoped to be back after a week...guess it might take a tad longer?? Try not to set expectations so as not to be disappointed?

We used to tell our clients (people who wanted our team to create web applications for them) that nothing could be done in less than two weeks - even the smallest of forms, etc. Even if the work only required 8 hours - it was so much easier to set an expectation higher and then get the work done way before the deadline, than the other way! Our clients were pleased and surprised that we were done earlier than we thought - however if it went the other way and there were complications or delays - my what a grumpy group that could be! So by that lesson, I should have learned by now - to set my expectations lower and then be surprised if I recover sooner - sounds like a plausible theory to me :)

Have a wonderful day everyone - may your kitties all reach the beach or the lagoon today and surf safely!

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Luci and her lemon tree I tbink its bare now Luci come on down
    Wishing u were feeling better quicker Sue:bighug:

3. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Luci beaches are better than trees!
    Hope today you feel much better!

Sue and Luci and Sonia & Leo like this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice surfing yesterday. I hope Luci slides back down today. I hope you continue to improve. We can't control how our bodies react to thing. We can only be patient and wait for them to heal. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Sue,
    You have the right understanding of expectations, but it's not as easy applying to ourselves!
    Don't you see some improvement? Prayers for continued healing . . . at a faster pace!!
    Luci has already collected a lemon to take to the beach . . . now head on there beautiful:cat:

6. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

That lemon tree must be beyond empty of lemons by now, why are all the kitties still up there? Must be something else going on that we're not aware of. :rolleyes:
    Kicking it up a notch and sending you "speedy healing vines" Sue. :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Have a great day! :)

AmandaE likes this.
  7. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

You're so right about expections, but we're always so impatient when it comes to us!!
    Recovery starts very slowly but as time goes by, it gets faster and faster! You'll see in a week from now!:bighug:
    At least, Luci doesn't give you much trouble... she seems very predictable lately!
    Have a great day Sue and take care of yourself!

CandyH & Catcat and AmandaE like this.
  8. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Mowgli is looking for lemons too... he doesn’t even like lemon!!

I hope Luci slides down for you today and that you start feeling much better soon :)

9. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Sue, long ago I decided to not be frustrated by small beginnings....to be excited by each inch forward ...sending prayers for your continued recovery :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  10. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

I have an idea, Luci climbs that lemon tree to see what's going on from a high perch -- all my cats have always headed for the highest point they could get to

maybe she's scoping out the lagoon to make sure it's safe to frolic there today

Sue and Luci likes this.
  11. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Oh Luci! :facepalm:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  12. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

J.J. and Phoebe Squeak Well-Known Member

I know it's not easy, but try to be as patient and gentle with yourself as you are with Luci. Sending healing vines and patience pants to you.
    I thought citrus was supposed to repel kitties, but Phoebe Squeak is also in a lemon tree today. Hope they both decide to come down safely soon.

Sue and Luci and CandyH & Catcat like this.
  13. Sue and Luci

Yes, I do...each day is a little better than the last - but I still get so tired and just feel out of sorts. A little hazy ya know? My boss says it's from the anesthesia (he's a neurosurgeon) ...I'll get there...just taking me a little longer with each passing year.:rolleyes: I'm used to being able to run on all 8 cylinders at the same time...right now I'm in a fog...focusing on one task at at time. :bighug:
    Luci is happily paddling away in the lagoon - she sure likes to be dramatic with her high yellow and her diving antics...but she did spend a little time at the beach too...before plunging in and racing out to the middle...it's just her style...kinda makes me 'on edge'...:facepalm:

14. Sue and Luci

You're right!:rolleyes: I need to put those on - I usually try to keep them in reserve for when Luci makes me want her to get to better numbers...I'll get them out - seems like they're multi-purpose! I'd forgotten all about them! :bighug::bighug:

CandyH & Catcat likes this.
  15. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Here's a thought. Maybe Luci thinks the lemon tree is actually a crowd nest on a ship. She's up there keeping an eye out on her waters for any sharkies and when she sees them she dives in to protect all the other kitties. Isn't that what Captains do????

Sue and Luci and CandyH & Catcat like this.