9/18 Ming PMPS = 266, +4 = 340

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Crista & Ming, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

If you're on TR you should have increased on 9/16 - since that was such a brief toe-dip and you're able to test frequently, I'd move on to the next increase of .25 - the bounces are just what they are - don't get too excited about those - the hope is to see more time in lower blues and those precious - much sought after greens...

3. Crista & Ming

Thanks Sue! I was advised previously to hold to 10 doses after seeing the green and go from there. I'm definitely itching to increase :)

4. Sue and Luci

Yes, that would be correct for SLGS - your signature says you're on TR...???

5. Crista & Ming

I think Wendy, who advised me, was going off of this which is in the TR guidelines:
    I guess after reading the guidelines, it's time to increase. But I always like to ask for confirmation unless it's really obvious it's time for an increase. :D

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. Sue and Luci

Have you had any readings today? It's possible that Ming will come on down on his current dose...or perhaps others will weigh in to continue to be conservative.

Crista & Ming likes this.
  7. Crista & Ming

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If nadirs are green, hold 6-10 cycles. You did, numbers aren’t where you want them to be, so increase. Good luck with the increase.

@Sue and Luci Ming is being tapered off of pred, is on a higher Lev dose with larger depot, and not that long ago has some very low numbers around this dose. Holding the full 10 cycles is a safety move. He’s a tricky one!

9. Crista & Ming

I FINALLY got the One Drop meter and strips. I will most likely switch over soon because of cost but, just to make my life hell and go against my own advice to others, I'm going to use both meters for a day or two. Just for curiosity's sake. :rolleyes:

Initial tests seem good. I did two tests at the same time (same hole I poked from) and got readings within 15 points which is much better than when I used the Relion and it would be 50-80 points between readings. It does read lower than the OneTouch though (the one I'm using now). Relion tests were done with similar BG readings when Ming was yellow too, I believe.

BUT! I know, I know. Eventually, I will have to pretend the OneTouch doesn't exist. I really do love the OneTouch but their strips are SOOO EXPENSIVE!!! I wish it wasn't so darn good at giving me the same readings over and over again... I once did three tests in a row and they were all the same. I think because it needs a bigger blood sample, it might just be better at giving the same reading?? I'm not sure. I'm not a scientist and have not extensively tested various glucometers lool

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck if you increase the dose tonight. I hope you like the new meter.

11. Crista & Ming

So far so good! It also has an app and records the readings

12. Sue and Luci

I did exactly the same thing....I have it on my SS - the difference between the OneDrop and my old reliable Relion Confirm (which was being discontinued)...I tried several different meters/strips and found that I liked the OneDrop because it required the smallest drop of blood - closest to the amount that the Relion Confirm for drop size that I could find. And like you I would repeat tests on the OneDrop and found the readings to be consistent within a few points.

Another reason I love the OneDrop - any issues, problems, concerns - contact the company and they are more than happy to replace your OneDrop meter free of charge! That policy of excellent customer support and their unlimited strips are 'keepers' for me. I got in early enough to land the $50 per month deal - which they no longer offer. But we sure do blow through the strips - I order a box each time I open the new box. It takes a few days (they're not Amazon) for the strips to arrive I've found - and I never want to get caught short.

Let me know what you think of the OneDrop once you have time to use it :) So glad you got it and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

13. Crista & Ming

@Sue and Luci Woo! Yes you were the one that recommended it to another user so I jumped onto the bandwagon! Thanks!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  14. Crista & Ming

PMPS = 266

I’m going to work tonight. I hope my mom will be okay dealing with Ming :( He got pred tonight too. Two more doses and we’re done with it!

Some food questions:
    The raw feeding for IBD website advocates for supplements that include Kelp. And I know other groups have said to be careful with kelp because it can attribute to hyperthyroidism.

Anyone have thoughts about this? I also read on the raw ibd group that STANDARDIZED kelp is okay. Except I don’t know if bought standardized kelp. I got this: https://ca.iherb.com/pr/Now-Foods-Kelp-150-mcg-200-Tablets/685

Anyway, for now, I’ve been adding taurine and b-complex to his food that was already made. The next batch I make will have supplements in it already. Still waiting for the TCFeline premix to come in too. And currently seeing if I can get samples of other mixes like EZcomplete.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  15. Crista & Ming

Also Ming hates fish oil and salmon oil. I want to try this odourless salmon oil from felineinstincts.com but they don’t ship to Canada anymore. So I’ll try krill oil next and waste some more money :rolleyes:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  16. Crista & Ming

+4 = 340

Ah, good ol' pred. My mom can sleep.

From Oct 1 - 13, I'll be bringing Ming with me to work overnights. This will be good because that's when he's off pred and most likely take me for a ride down the dose ladder (hopefully)