9/19jack Amps HI,+2 409,+4.5 345,+6 349,+8 346,+10 324,pmps 328

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cat-tainJackSparrow, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Cat-tainJackSparrow

Cat-tainJackSparrow Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...hould-i-increase-insulin.203372/#post-2256053

Good all! This morning Jack's Amps showed "HI" of course I thought oh crap so I tested again in 10 min... again i got "HI" so I fed him and gave him his Lantus. Ketones- neg. Hes acting normal, good hydration, eating and drinking. I plan on testing again around +2. Also I did a curve yesterday if you could take a peek.. increase dosage? Amps 596, +1 576, +3 348, +5 209, +6 207, +8 208, +10 253, pmps 300, +3.5 111 and +5 115 TIA!!

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Oh my Jack. No reason to be that high.

I see you skipped shot last night so that's why he high this morning. Since you new to this, I will offer this advice. Keep the 1 unit for 7 days. Before you skip a shot, it's better to post asking for advice, use question mark in title and something like need advice shoot or skip. Do not feed yet. Retest in 20-30 minutes and see if the reading came up. By then someone will on to help you.

3. Cat-tainJackSparrow

Good morning! I did skip a shot but that wasnt last night it was the night before. I post on here and someone told me I should skip the shot and that's why I did. I am seriously confused with everything

4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I think he is bouncing from those blues last night. Since Jack is new to insulin, I would think that his system is still getting used to normal values.

The skip was a good call since you are new to the game. The 1 unit is getting him into some good numbers, so keep doing what you have been doing.

5. Cat-tainJackSparrow

Oh yay :) thank you for the info. Still struggling on how to read the numbers :banghead: lol

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  6. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I still get lost sometimes...the beauty of a second set of eyes looking at the numbers.

Cat-tainJackSparrow likes this.
  7. Cat-tainJackSparrow

Amps HI,+2 409,+4.5 345,+6 349,+8 346, +10 324, pmps 328.
    Jack's numbers are really dancing around. Up and down and all around. Any clue what's going on? He seems happy.. I wish he could talk me so I knew he felt ok :(

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Jack is still bouncing and recovering from the missed shot a couple nights ago. It can take up to six cycles to get over a bounce. Numbers will wobble around during that time. Our usual advice is to slip on a comfy pair of patience pants and wait it out.:)

By the way, this bouncing is completely for newly diagnosed cats, and even some not so newly diagnosed. You are doing what you can. The rest is up to Jack. It's good that he seems to be fine. We look at the cat and how they are feeling, not just the numbers. If he doing the five P's (purring, playing, preening, pooing, peeing), that's a good sign.

9. Cat-tainJackSparrow

Ugh I'm so sorry. I just keep getting hooked on the numbers. I will definately remember the 5 p's and try to relax ;)

Carol in Chicago likes this.