9/20 Elmo NS. AMBG. 441,+3 425 , +9 215 , + 11 585, PMPS HI , + 2 401

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Beth 73, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Good morning all :bighug: Elmo is in his window, unphased by the fact he kept a mass of FDMB experts busy ALL night long ! Please send vines and prayers that his depot drains and we don't have a third night in a row of pj party :eek: HUGE THANKS : @Bron and Sheba (GA) @carfurby in addition to @MrWorfMen's Mom @Nan & Amber @Red & Rover (GA) for making this morning possible after our Elmo Marathon Part 2 (hopefully the end to the overnight saga:))

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

That's the way it always is with our kitties. We're the ones who are panicked and they don't have a care in the world. Did you test him to see what his number this morning was if you had shot? You can list it in your subject line, but it's AMBG if you don't shoot instead of AMPS. I hope you can get some naps in today.

AmandaE and Beth 73 like this.
  3. Beth 73

Oh, and for added entertainment , we have no water as a line broke and we are waiting on repairmen :eek::eek::eek:. And once again my kitchen looks like a bunch of drunk frat boys who enjoy a variety of cat foods invaded overnight :woot: :woot: :woot:

4. Beth 73

Carla, you are a life saver , both mine and Sir Elmo's ❤️

5. Beth 73

6. Beth 73

AND ....Word for the Day : No More All Nighters :woot: :eek::arghh: :)

Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
  7. carfurby (GA)

You should be okay to wait until +3 to test. He may stay high all day today with the skipped shot, but he'll get back on track and the depot needed to be drained.

Beth 73 likes this.
  8. Suzanne Burton

Suzanne Burton Well-Known Member

The water line is just adding insult to injury. Elmo, you need to quit this deep sea diving:nailbiting:; you've looked long enough for the sharkies. Good job Beth, keeping him safe last night - Elmo certainly commands quite an audience to keep him on the straight and narrow:):bighug::bighug::bighug:.

Beth 73 likes this.
  9. Beth 73

They , our audience of helpers ,are each and every one ANGELIC !!!!! Positively Heaven sent :bighug::bighug:❤️

10. Beth 73

Oh I'm thrilled to do whatever it takes , Carla , to get these all nighters nipped in the bud . By +3 would that be from normal shot time ? Cos I just recently took his AMBG ??? Three hours from that or three hours from when shot would have been given ??

11. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Wow Elmo, you really made your point AGAIN.

Great job by all. Hope you all get some naps in.

Beth 73 likes this.
  12. Beth 73

+3. 425. FYI : Will update SS later this AM...moving stuff out of a flooded room right now

13. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

I was thinking something similar last night. Remember the good old days when we could go out and dance until the music stopped, then head to an all night coffee shop, someone's house and order pizza, a parking lot and chatter until dawn?

Well, maybe that is how the humans should do all nighters. Put on some music and dance. Chat. Order pizza.

Reading about last night, I'm sorry I could not stay longer and help.

I hope you manage a nap today, Beth, and that the flooding is too bad.

Beth 73 likes this.
  14. carfurby (GA)

I meant +3 from his normal AMPS time. I didn't know how late your AMBG was. I'd say you can take a break from testing until +9 or +10. He's most likely going to stay high today.

Beth 73 likes this.
  15. Beth 73

That's what I did , Carla :bighug: Pretending I shot and counting from there ....thank you for being my spare brain today :bighug:

16. Beth 73

Kel, you filled the gap at just right time , nighty night meds and all :bighug:❤️

17. Beth 73

Brainstorming ab how to head Elmo off at the pass before he does his deep dive .. any thots / wisdom wanted and saught after . @MrWorfMen's Mom @Nan & Amber @carfurby ???! Give MC at shot time ? Be sure to get a +1 to see where he is headed? Intervene early and how much ??

18. Beth 73

19. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

I'll leave that for Linda and Nan to figure out.
    You should be napping, taking advantage of not testing.

Beth 73 likes this.
  20. Beth 73

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: Thanks, Kel :bighug: I have been relaxing , short naps, but mostly helping DH In family room where water seeped from faulty valve ...:banghead:

21. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Only test and feed as needed. If you both need a night of sleep and no pokies, you could always intervene early with hc, but that defeats the purpose.

Beth 73 likes this.
  22. Beth 73

Paula, I've thought of that too ...intervene early and just try to slow his roll ...ab midway thru last night , his belly was rumbling and bubbling ...definitely not happy sounds :(

23. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Well, he's done his dive after a day flat in high yellows, then a day flat in high pinks. Let's hope that the depot drain does its job and history does not repeat after today in reds!

How about this for a plan today: PMPS, +1, and maybe a +11 before the PMPS. Then we'll just decide from those numbers what kind of early intervention (if any) is needed. Not sure the +1 would have told you anything on the first night, but on the second it might have given some earlier warning of his intentions and given you a chance to intervene immediately.

One of the things that makes this tricky right now is that I think Elmo is changing up his act at the same time-- he's still bouncing, but he's not going as high and is breaking them a lot faster. All this is good, it just makes it harder to predict what he's going to do ahead of time. What I'm hoping is that the skip this morning will give us some breathing room, but at the end of the day, he's in charge of things!

24. Beth 73

Thank you so much , Nan :bighug: I may get a + 9 then a + 11 ,PMPS and +1.....praying he , for himself and for all of us, settles down and has a peaceful night tonight . Have given him SEB today for his tummy...he has eaten pretty well , grazer that he is ....will post + 9 here on a bit...depending on what +11 , PMPS will let us know if a bit of MC or HC might be needed ...believing he will need nothing at all and have a surfing night :)

25. Beth 73

+9....215. Shot tonight back to 1.25 ?

26. Nan & Amber (GA)

:banghead:

I mean.... it's nice to see him out of the reds! I just hope he doesn't have a lot more movement in mind. Here's where the skip may come in handy-- he's breaking his bounce now, but doesn't have a new dose of insulin to act as an accelerant, just the depot. So hopefully he'll keep it under control, and by the time his next shot comes on board, won't have that downward momentum as well, and will just stay level. Eventually, you'll get to see the famous "shoot low to stay low" advantage of Lantus, I'm sure of it!

He's getting the hang of this, though! The faster bounce breaking is great, one big piece of the puzzle. Just one of the more nerve-wracking ones :woot:.

Beth 73 likes this.
  27. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Glad everything worked out last night Beth! Im not sure about the dose, Im sure you have some onlookers who can help after Elmos antics last night :p

Beth 73 likes this.
  28. Nan & Amber (GA)

Gotta say, I was kinda hoping for an extended bounce that would let you get some sleep tonight for sure! Ah well, at least this is progress in the good direction!

Red & Rover (GA) and Beth 73 like this.
  29. Beth 73

Still believing for a real nights sleep ! Reminds me of when kids were babies ... but that was 30+ years ago :rolleyes:

30. Nan & Amber (GA)

Yeah, after my first reaction, this isn't necessarily a sign that he's got shenanigans in mind for tonight. Hopefully, it just means he's getting more comfortable in better numbers and wants to spend more time in them, safely!

Beth 73 likes this.
  31. Beth 73

Amen !!!

32. carfurby (GA)

You want to stay with the 1.25 units tonight. Those low numbers last night were from the depot of the 1.5 unit dose. I hope the skipped shot keeps him from being dramatic tonight.

Beth 73 likes this.
  33. Beth 73

Thank you, Carla :bighug: I 'm believing for NO dramatics :)

34. Beth 73

+11....585 ...what's with this ??? Up almost 300 points in 2 hours ????

35. Nan & Amber (GA)

36. Nan & Amber (GA)

I mean... one of them surely was a bad strip, right???

Beth 73 likes this.
  37. Beth 73

We shall see at PMPS ....mercy !

38. Beth 73

PMPS.....HI ....

39. Nan & Amber (GA)

??????

I guess the easy explanation is the skipped shot coming home to roost, but I wouldn't have expected.... Aw, heck, it's Elmo, throw expectations out the window!

With that "HI", I don't think you need to get a +1. Maybe a +2 and +4, and if he's still up in the stratosphere, call it a night and thank him for letting you sleep!

Beth 73 likes this.
  40. carfurby (GA)

I think today's numbers were still being influenced by the depot. It looks like the depot has been drained. Hopefully tomorrow he'll show you what he can do on this dose.

Beth 73 likes this.
  41. Beth 73

Thank you both, Carla and Nan :bighug: Really hate the HI but really do like sleep . Hopefully he will come down a to a better number . However, I don't like the carb/gravy loading he has to go thru when low. Can tell he has felt little yuck today and I attribute it to the heavy gravy all last night :( Will check at +2 and +4 and believe I will be able to call it a night .....I'm already in my jammies :rolleyes:

42. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Looks like Elmo might actually allow you to sleep tonight Beth. Too bad the recipe for tonight's BG is a bounce plus a skipped shot. Hopefully he'll break the bounce again soon and we'll really start to see how he does on the 1.25u dose. :)

Suzanne Burton and Beth 73 like this.
  43. Beth 73

Yes, it's a not exactly a great trade off ...believing that soon good numbers and good nights sleep are a package deal :)

44. Beth 73

+2. 401

Suzanne Burton likes this.