9/21 Luna AMPS 327, +3 228, +7 132, PMPS 49, retest 48, +2 55, +3 53, +4.5 56, +6.5 70

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by For_Luna, Sep 21, 2019.

1. For_Luna

For_Luna Member

Just tested and we have our first PMPS lime green. Just went back up to 1.25u because 1.13 wasn't working. This morning was the second injection at the new dose. Do we need to decrease? We're waiting and going to test again to see if she goes up.

It appears as if 1.25u is too much, but we just tried a week of 1.13 with little success.

Edit: we just held 1.25 until we got 3 lime greens. We were going to try that again or wait until we had a week of green nadirs.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  2. For_Luna

For_Luna Member

Retested 45 minutes later and still at 48. Going to reduce to 1u and feed MC food. Lots of testing tonight

Suzanne Burton likes this.
  3. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

J.J. and Phoebe Squeak Well-Known Member

Oh boy! So sorry to hear this. We are going through something similar with Phoebe Squeak -- long night last night. In a nutshell -- 1.25 was too much, then 1.13 wasn't enough and as of last night, 1.2 was also too much, so we are now trying 1.16! I saw what you said the other day about how such a small amount makes a big difference. Hang in there tonight! Glad you are home and able to test & feed. Hope you can get a nap tomorrow.

4. For_Luna

For_Luna Member

Yeah, it's all very confusing. Last week we were getting lime greens with 1.25u, but they were around +7 or +8. Never had a PMPS lime, and this was after only 2 doses. AND last night's PMPS was 502. I don't know what's going on. Maybe her pancreas is waking up and the reduction will finally stick.

P.S. we would typically reduce to 1.13, but the lime green PMPS freaked us out. 1u seemed safer

5. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

It IS confusing! I saw that 502 PMPS last night. It's crazy that tonight her PMPS was lime green!I think Luna and Phoebe Squeak are 2 of the biggest bouncers around. (As you said -- if you're gonna bounce, might as well be the best!) It makes it really hard to know what dose to give. I wish you well tonight. I understand wanting to do the safer thing.

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I think the full 0.25 unit reduction to 1.0 units is a good idea. Make sure you get a +1 and a +2 test. I hope Luna surfs safely tonight.

For_Luna likes this.
  7. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

Happy to see Luna is up a bit @ +2.

For_Luna likes this.
  8. For_Luna

For_Luna Member

+2 55...not really the increase I thought we'd see after MC and 2 hours. She eats again at +4, but might test a little earlier and then feed.

9. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

I would test sooner. Waiting 2 hours when she's at 55 seems scary to me. I am on your same time zone (NYC) and I am up testing Phoebe Squeak because she's dropping faster than expected tonight and I want to make sure she doesn't go into lime green. She usually eats at +6 (auto feeder) overnight, but I may also feed earlier depending on her next tests. I'll be keeping an eye on you & Luna. Sending green (but not lime green) thoughts your way for a safe night.

10. For_Luna

For_Luna Member

Thanks. Hopefully we both can get sleep tonight.

I'm going to test in 20 minutes. We held at shot time, so we're a little behind normal schedule. It'll be around +3 at next test. Also probably going to break up her two overnight meals into 4 and go with MC unless she's really high at next test.

11. For_Luna

For_Luna Member

+3 53 and just fed MC.

Autofeeder with MC food setup for +4.5, +6.5, +8.5.

Going to get one more test before I go to sleep at +4.5. More tests depending on what the next one looks like.

12. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

Dan, my heart goes out to you! At least Luna didn't drop, but I hoped she'd be a bit higher by now. Phoebe Squeak is holding steady so I gave some food just now & set her autofeeder for 2 more overnight feedings and I'm heading to bed. I was up with her till PM+5 last night so I feel for you. Hang in there. And Luna, please climb up a bit for your dad, please.

13. For_Luna

For_Luna Member

Thanks. I think we'll be ok. We never shot this low, but every other green PS has stayed pretty level through the night.

If things get weird, we have the HC and syrup to fall back on.

14. For_Luna

For_Luna Member

+4.5 56

We're well past typical onset, and still holding pretty steady. Just fed small MC meal (2 overnight meals divided into 4 smaller).

Going to test again at +6.5 and feed again

15. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

We strongly suggest never shooting below 50. It’s just too dangerous. If there is a next time, wait until numbers rise above 50 or skip.

16. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

So happy to see Luna stayed steady for you last night. And now she bounced up to yellow, of course. :rolleyes: Luna's protege, Phoebe Squeak, has now bounced to pink. These bouncy gals keep us busy!

17. For_Luna

For_Luna Member

You win the bounce off. Honestly, I was expecting something a lot higher. She'll probably keep climbing all day.