9/24 Osha AMPS 107 +3 212

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Osha, Sep 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

8/21

Good morning everyone!

It has been a long time since my last post.

Osha is happy, active and snuggly. She also seems to have given up waking me up by trying to scratch on the door. The baby gate worked wonders! (anti jinx!) After this school year started, her numbers went up (just like they did last year), so I have been increasing her. I can't test like I used to and I cannot be up during the night to test. My new job has me totally exhausted, so I am just doing what I can. With this situation, I have been happier to have her in blue than try to manage green. I just can't devote the time and emotional brain power to lower numbers right now.

My new job is really fantastic, but there is a dramatic learning curve and I am working a lot during the evenings and weekends. I have a lot of stress/anxiety dreams now about it but I know after awhile I will get into a better groove. My daughter is also experiencing a bit of difficulty transitioning to middle school with the social aspect and with all of the homework.

Sébastien @Photorecon visited me the other week. We had an amazing time even though I still had to go to work and just saw him on the evenings and weekends. It was really amazing to have his physical presence here to help calm me down and to keep pushing forward. :kiss:

I have thought of you all often and I hope all the beans and kitties are doing well. :cat::bighug:

Amanda and Kitty Osha, The Empress

_MG_0513.jpg DC Together Sept 201700022.jpg

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Glad to see you here, Amanda! I'd figured that your new job was consuming all your time and energy. As long as Osha is happy and the 5P's are in place you're doing the right thing with her. I'm glad Sebastien was there to visit. :)

Osha likes this.
  3. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad to hear from you. Hope you are able to get into a routine at the new job soon. It always take a little time and during that period stress levels are higher. On top of a new school year, you have added a new grade level/experience. That's always rough. Hope things calm down soon!

Hope your daughter also gets more comfortable at the middle school. Sounds like there is just a lot going on right now for you guys. Glad that Sebastien got to visit with you. Take care of yourself, so that you are able to take care of Osha.
    :bighug:

Osha likes this.
  4. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Great photos! Glad you checked in. You will get the hang of the new job in time, in the meanwhile, take care of yourself.

Glad Osha is doing well. Be sure to take her for a walk every now and then. Probably do you both good :bighug::)

Osha likes this.
  5. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

I was just thinking of you yesterday!

I am glad Miss O is doing well and I hope all your new journies even out soon :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Osha likes this.
  6. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Great to hear from you! :D :bighug:
    I hope your job gets into a comfortable routine soon.
    Glad Osha is happy and cutting you some slack! :smuggrin:
    How wonderful for Sébastien to come give you support. :cool:
    Your daughter is beautiful!!! Her hair is absolutely lovely!
    Take care and I hope you'll check in with us when you can. :bighug::bighug:

Osha likes this.
  7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Amanda!!! I have missed you! So glad to hear from you and I am so glad you like your new job. You will soon find your rhythm and glad that you aren't stresses over Osha being in blues right now. You have a lot on your plate.

So good to see that Sebastien came to visit! Your photos show how happy y'all are. So very nice to see.

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Osha likes this.
  8. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

Lots of changes taking place. How nice to see your post and that Osha is doing well in the blues! Not a bad place to be.
    Love the photos of the three of you!!!!

Once the learning curve is over it will all be worth the change.;)

Osha likes this.
  9. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Amanda - I'm with you - my goal for Murphy is blues as well -
    So happy this is such as great time for you! :bighug::bighug:

Osha likes this.
  10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hi Amanda, missed you and the Empress's antics. :bighug: LOVE that she seems to have given up on scratching the door (antijinx).

She's looking pretty good on her current dose, just a hint of green and probably most of her time under renal threshold. She's still looking great on Lev. Especially given how busy you are. It's great you love the new job. :)

Osha likes this.
  11. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see an update from you. It's good to hear Osha is doing well. I'm sure things will settle down for you and your daughter soon. Great that you like your new job so well. Nice that Sebastien was able to visit.

Osha likes this.
  12. Photorecon

Photorecon Well-Known Member

Amaya is an amazing girl. I falled in loved with her ''leave me alone'' mood the first time I saw her. As you gain her trust it's great and it gives a good feel. Asked her if I could do more then being her mother's boyfriend and her head made a slow up down move.

Question of time, Amanda and myself will become the first double diabetic cats owners to
    marry each others.

Thanks to the forum, this would have never have happened without it and our kitties.

Love you Amanda, you can do it !

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  13. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

What a great story! :)

Osha likes this.
  14. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

:kiss::kiss::kiss:

15. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm going to cry - so touching