9/5 Doodles AMPS 94 +8 87 +10 82 PMPS 100 +2 137 +4 145 +8.5 141

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Doodles & Karen, Sep 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Doodles 9/4 Doodles makes his own rules. My intent was to hold the dose this morning but not when he gives me a 94 after a 50% (3u) BCS last night which is lower than the last test @ PM+8.5 and I decided to sleep for 3 hours. I took him down to 5.75 this morning.

@Carol & Murphy from our HC I use Natural Balance Pouches which are 17%-22% but many times I still need to add honey. There is guar gum but the bigger issue for Doodles IBD are the peas. But there is zero corn, wheat, soy, or grains. There is no food on the market that doesn't have "some" undesirable ingredient. I just try to choose the least of all evil. For MC I use Natural Balance Venison & Green Pea. Again there are peas and guar gum but the rest of the ingredients work. Considering Doodles only gets them here and there it is what it is. He does end up with a tummy ache if I have to feed him to much of it.

2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Great numbers last night Doodlebug! But maybe mama bean should read the rule book to you again! :rolleyes::cat:

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Doodles please settle down. Your bean has to be so exhausted. Stop tge crazy bouncing and your ears will feel so much better. :bighug:

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I don't blame you for reducing the dose. I hope Doodles surfs safely today.

Doodles & Karen likes this.
  5. Doodles & Karen

I'd like to know what the heck he's doing today :confused:

6. tiffmaxee

Looks like he's about to be active again. Die antibodies!

7. Doodles & Karen

His +4 will tell me if I can get out of this house for at least a few hours.

8. tiffmaxee

Stay flat Doodles!

9. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Nice numbers Doodles; can you surf it there for a while?

10. Cheryl8

Cheryl8 Member

Doodles, give your mom a break!

11. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

What a night you had last night and good thing you reduced the dose this AM and I hope you are able to get out a bit today. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. Doodles & Karen

I really don't know that I can leave the house :arghh: Was planning to be gone from +4 until +8 but not looking like it's a good idea. :(

13. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

14. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

thanks for the food info I bought come of the Natural Balance Chicken and peas but when Murphy went low a day or so ago, he wouldn't eat it - I'll have to try the venison

15. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Doggone it, Karen. I was so hoping Doodles would hit a flat spot with safe numbers for you so you could leave without worry. You sure do have a high maintenance little boy there. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:.

Marilyn and Polly

16. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

pretty numbers for the Doodles today:bighug:

17. Doodles & Karen

I left with full anxiety for 2.5 hours and he's flat for now. A little fresh are to clear my head...

18. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Doodles does like to confound! :rolleyes:

Continuing on the thread from yesterday - what I'd like to see is a Lev dose where you don't have to BCS. Other than today, a BCS causes him to hit the higher floors and it's hard to see what the dose can do until the depot is full, then he slams down. I do agree with your decision to reduce this morning. Glad you got out and cleared your head - I gotta do the same. As for feeding later in the cycle, I'd only do it when he's lower and on the way down. I've often used Marje's trick of a +9.5 or +10 LC snack to try to get a shootable preshot. Since Neko doesn't onset for 5 hours, I've got plenty of time to get her up after that.

As for MC, I don't have an MC I feed Neko. What I'll do if I need to is either feed a slightly higher LC, or put a tiny bit of HC on her LC. But then, it all depends what she's willing to eat at the time. :cat:

19. Doodles & Karen

That's what I was thinking too. I do agree about the BCS's it's not my intent but also not into gambling with Doodles especially on a day where he has already been poked multiple times.

20. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

No advice from me, but just wanted to send some :bighug:s. Doodles is definitely putting you through your paces!

21. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

More :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: From here too

22. Doodles & Karen

Think it was a little lite 5.75 dose. Hopefully he'll behave and surf nicely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.