9-6-18 Jonesy AMPS 198, +5 54 PMPS 187, +3 265

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tracey&Jones (GA), Sep 6, 2018.

1. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

I have been searching everywhere for a simple rabbit canned cat food. The Rawz brand has one but there are just in the process of getting it into Canada, may take another month or two. Nature's Variety has pea protein in it....which after his issues with the new recipe of the turkey, I am hesitant to try that. I will keep researching. Really need one with only rabbit...no other protein sources, min amount of gums. Almost willing to try the freezed dried raw Primal...lots of veggies in that one.

No poo overnight...not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

Higher AMPS number...maybe a bit of a bounce from that green or maybe some food influence.

He cuddled with the DS last night...so I was able to sleep without fur up my nose for change. It was nice to breath but missed his purrs.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Did you google rabbit canned cat food? I see Merrick's, Lotus, My Little Lion, Halo Impulse, etc. I didn't check to see if other proteins were mixed in, though. Good luck!

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  3. Tracey&Jones (GA)

I did....

Merrick's has carrageenan - usually a big no-no for IBD kitties.
    My Little Lion - is not available in Canada except one Petsmart in Winnipeg which is too bad as it is a good one to try - if they happen to have the rabbit.
    Lotus - I couldn't find an ingredient list on their website for the rabbit...so still working on that one
    Halo - includes chicken
    Nature's Variety - has the pea protein and after his reaction to the turkey variety I am leary of this one.
    Rawz - not available for probably another month or two.

Thank you for the suggestions... I might need that good luck!

4. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Did you check to see if Chewy.com has this one available to order? Or order online with PetSmart?

I found the ingredient list for Lotus on Chewy.com. Unfortunately, it has peas.. but not pea protein if that makes any difference.

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Jones heads down today. Good luck finding rabbit. Sending prayers.

6. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Bring it on down there :D

7. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Those can be picked out! I used to do that with the Nature's Variety until they changed their formula.

Chewy doesn't ship to Canada :( It wasn't available to purchase on the Petsmart online site for Canada either :(

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  8. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Taking him down tonight, knew he was up to something yesterday...that flat day was an indicator...

9. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Maybe you can check the Lotus website and see if there are any Canada stores that carry it? If not, call them and ask if they would ship to you!! :)

10. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Good idea!

11. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

12. Tracey&Jones (GA)

@Olive & Paula - never heard of that...

Have you tried it? Looks like what I am looking for.

13. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

When I was feeding the Nature's Variety, the peas are whole and I just plucked them out and there was not issues with raising the BGs.

Yeah for cuddles!

14. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I use the turkey, chicken mini patties. I add water to make them wet. I also use the nibs as dry food.

I use the rabbit treats for the pokies.

None of mine like rabbit or duck no matter what kind or brand. Except Olive with The treats.

The VE is available through chewy.

15. Tracey&Jones (GA)

They changed the formula...no more whole peas...just pea protein...I used to just pluck them out as well. The new formula seemed to really upset his tummy.

16. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Oh Bummer!!

17. Tracey&Jones (GA)

OK, bounce is not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Reduced his dose again.

18. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

How frustrating! I hope you find something that works for you and Jones! I hope he rocks that reduced dose!!

19. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If you are trying raw, Red Dog/Blue Cat has less than 2% veggies, organic rabbit. Have you tried the non LID Natures Variety rabbit. Contains pork, but that is often a novel protein and OK. Whole peas, but no pea protein.

All the other Lotus proteins are at least medium carb, I expect rabbit to be the same. Good news the Rawz rabbit is coming to town.

20. Tracey&Jones (GA)

He had a total goose poop tonight. Could have been the cheese he stole the other night. I am beginning to think it is the turkey. So going to take a leap and find a rabbit to try. That is #1 to do on Saturday.

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  21. Tracey&Jones (GA)

And there is the bounce. ..