9/6 Tina AMPS 118 + 4 110 +6 109 PMPS 103 +3 119

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tina Marie (GA) and Jan, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Yesterday

I love all the prayers sent to Cindy and Taco's family, and it's great Cindy updated this morning!

All is well with Tina Marie - we have a busy day today. It looks like the no sugar Gaba is helping a bit - woo hoo!

I am moving ahead with cataract surgery. It's a bit of a kick (aging reminder, like I need more), but new lenses should correct nearsightedness quite a bit, so that sounds great. I'm not even 60, but it is what it is!!!

Best wishes for a wonderful day to all beans and kit cats:cat::)

2. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Great start for Tina today!

I think it’s a great idea to get the surgery. These procedures have come a really long way and I think you’ll love the difference! Sending human eye surgery vines ;)

Have a great day Jan

3. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

You'll be happy after; when are you going ?

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Tina. I hope the surgery goes well. When is it scheduled?

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Good luck with surgery. Tina on the beach is nice.

6. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Thanks for asking:smuggrin: I scheduled the pre-surgery, detailed exam on the 16th, which may last up to 3 hours. As long as all looks good, I'll proceed, hopefully having both eyes done by the end of October. The only hang up, is the doctor I was referred to (told he was fabulous) is recovering from heart surgery, and won't be back until mid to late October. If I want to do it sooner, I could choose a different doctor (the one I'm seeing on the 16th). In the past, I took my dad, mom and grandma for this treatment. Hard to believe it's my turn!!
    A little Happy news from my eye exam yesterday - I have zero evidence of any diabetic eye damage, and I've had T1 Diabetes since 1979:cool: I wonder if the cataracts could be from all the sun damage I did to my eyes in the past:eek:

I missed all the kitties this morning!

7. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I've heard that cataracts can be caused by too much sun, and not enough protection. I always try to wear sunglasses at the first ray of sunshine and all the time in Florida...

I hope your surgery goes as smooth as silk! My mother had hers done several years ago and loved the results. Everything went very smoothly. A great decision.

8. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

9. Suzanne Burton

Suzanne Burton Well-Known Member

Work the juice Tina - you're showing others how it's done.

10. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

It looks like Tina and Yoyo have been hanging out together today, their numbers are similar:):)

I hope when you decide to do the surgery that all goes well. Once it's over, I'm sure you will be so glad that you did it.:bighug:

11. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:Love,Light and Healing for excellent and healthy eyes:):) SOO glad Tina is doing soo well:cat::bighug::bighug:

12. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Great that you're going ahead with the surgery Jan. A three hour post op must not have been easy. :bighug:
    Been meaning to say how heartwarming it is to see how much good progress Tina has been making in such a short period of time. You're a fantastic mama bean!
    Have a great evening!

13. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

That's a 3 hour pre-op, which surprised me, a week from Monday. Then I will set the first date, hopefully, and have Tina take care of me afterward!
    Thanks so much Sonia, and I still learn something new here almost every day. You, my dear, are a wonderful mama bean :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Suzanne Burton likes this.
  14. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Ooops I meant pre-op! Would be nice to have a 3 hour post-op though! Don't worry Tina will be by your side the whole time and so will we. :bighug:

15. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

I can't believe I'm even doing this! The best thing is how close to home the place is. No traffic to speak of!
    Tina is yowling a funny tune. Better check her BG!!

Sonia & Leo likes this.