9/9 Gordy AMPS 323 | PMPS 286 (bouncing) - *Civvie update*

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CassAndGordy(GA), Sep 9, 2019.

1. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/9-8-gordy-amps-201-5-5-44-45-6-52-8-54.219106/

Pretty sure Gordy is bouncing from his lows yesterday. Its okay. Less things to stress about.

Last night, Rex hadn't thrown up at all! And i was excited and was considering not bringing her to vet.... then she woke me up during night to cough up a hairball (on my bed). Then threw up her brekkie this morning. So off to the vet we went.... hopefully they can figure it out. At least my baby girl is pretty pleasant.

Yeah, I think Merrick makes LI food too, but not novel proteins. She isn't diabetic so the carbs aren't as a big of a consideration (however, still a good thing to give thought). I hope it doesn't come down to those though... it would complicate my already complicated feeding routine.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Keep in mind that you can feed everyone the same foods as long as it's low carb. Giving every kitty the same food makes it much easier!!

3. CassAndGordy(GA)

Not easier on my wallet though :oops::oops::oops: lol

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  4. CassAndGordy(GA)

Heard from vet about Rex.
    They are leaning towards it being an IBD flare up. (Her IBD is still technically undiagnosed.) Vet wants me to start the Budesonide (i think thats what she is on) again and a daily dose of cerenia for a bit.

I want to get the ultrasound.... but man its expensive

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Gordy clears the bounce today. I hope the budesonide helps Rex.

CassAndGordy(GA) likes this.
  6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

If they believe this is IBD, then novel proteins are essential. IBD is like an allergy and unless you remove the allergen, the problem will persist.

I really like this website: Raw Feeding for IBD Cats. They also have a Facebook page. There great links to supplements, how to manage vomiting, diarrhea, etc. Regardless of whether you opt for a raw diet, they have tons of good information and the folks on the FB page are very knowledgeable and supportive (like here!).

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Novel proteins, plus a good probiotic, can help IBD. I use Visbiome, a probiotic specifically for IBD recommended by an IM Vet, but the website Sienne mentioned also lists some good ones. Home made novel proteins are a lot cheaper than canned.

For ultrasounds, ask about scanning just a couple organs, stomach plus bowels, should be cheaper than a full scan of all the organs. But if you do scan, do it before starting budesonide, as the budesonide will calm the inflammation and hide what is happening. Neko was on budesonide.

Gordy really? Pink isn’t your colour.

8. CassAndGordy(GA)

Thanks everyone! I'll ask about doing novel proteins when I pick her up. Even when she was on the budesonide before, she still had like mini-24 hour flairs, so I know its not a cure all. Hopefully I can find a good in between.

I really need her consistently e as ting because they said she has lost too much weight too quickly. So the bet sounded more concerned with that. I agree..... i can feel her bones too much. Need to get her groomed so I have better eyes on her.

9. CassAndGordy(GA)

Its been a long day... up and gone early to get Rex across the city in AM traffic, day dragged at work and rushed back across the St John's river battling traffic to go pick her up. I'm tired. It didn't help that she work me up with that hairball at 3am :rolleyes:

Ok, got meds and instructions. We are doing a weight check in a month. They don't want me to make any drastic food changes yet. The tech said that yes, the novel proteins are going to be better, but if I change now it may upset her gut more. So I'll hold off on it until her weigh in. Gives me time to research. If the vomiting continues after the meds start to kick in, then they will be asking for the ultrasound.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  10. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I feel your pain with that city traffic...ugh...just hate that mess out there - I'll be in it tomorrow myself - at 6:45 a.m. things are already rolling full blast - at least it should be a dry morning - those a little rain or snow in the mix and no one seems to know how to drive...

Hope Gordy starts to feel better -sorry about that IBD...and the hairball/puking...never pleasant to wake up to a pukey.. :(