9/9 Tina AMPS 115 +4 92 +6 110 +10 126

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tina Marie (GA) and Jan, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Good Monday to everyone -
    Wishes of health and healing to all kitties and beans.
    Tina is doing well, but I think she has peed outside the box 2 or 3 times in the last 4 days. She never has had a UTI. The second day on insulin, she quit peeing outside the box. I have just about ruled out any other cat. Close supervision of all today. There's always something going on . . . no rest for the weary, haha!!

2. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Oh gosh, always something else to be concerned with. Hope you figure out which kitty is doing it.
    Can you separate them?

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Tina. I hope you can figure out who is peeing outside the box. If it is a UTI, you can give d-mannose to help clear it up.

4. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Not easy with many kitties... It's the same at my place! Hope you find out who's having the problem so you can do something to help! :)
    Nice blue start for Tina!
    Have a beautiful day Jan!

5. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Wouldn't hurt to give the d-mannose . I give it to my kitties several times a week to "prevent" UTI's
    [​IMG]

6. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

The civvie I thought was to blame has been ruled out at the vet's (health-wise).
    There were two pee on the bed incidents, and one on a rug where Tina went some, before insulin. I actually caught Tina sitting close to pee on a quilt. The incident on our bed happened right before DH went to bed two nights ago.
    I will leave Tina in the open area tonight where she sleeps, and have the others in bedrooms, to see if she goes on the rug. I think she did last night, because there was nothing in "her" box.
    She's also trying to go in other cat's rooms at feeding time, instead of waiting in her own big area!

7. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Another new great thing to learn about!! Thank you; I will order (Amazon Prime) or pick up today!

8. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Isn't it something how they let us know something is wrong.
    I hope you figure it out and get it treated. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

I picked up some Now (brand) D-Mannose earlier today, and will give the second dose tonight.
    Only gave 1/8 tsp the first time.

About 3 hours ago, she came to me with a wet back paw, and I found where she had gone on the vinyl mattress cover of the bed that was peed on yesterday. So I got a little container and collected my sample.
    Took it to the vet for a culture.
    Meanwhile, I am very thankful I have the D-Mannose:):cat:
    Should I give a larger dose? I read some older posts and a few suggested more, like 1/4 tsp twice a day. I won't have her results until tomorrow.

10. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I can't comment on the dose of D-Mannose - I take one capsule a day as a preventative. But wanted to say Tina looks good in that green lagoon :) Hope she gets to feeling better and stops peeing here and there!

11. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

You can give 1/4 teaspoon a couple of times per day. I hope it helps. It worked great for Furball when she had a UTI.

12. Suzanne Burton

Suzanne Burton Well-Known Member

Tina, momma and her DH love you sooooo much - we all hope you are feeling better soon. BTW, LT and Ti-Mousse need to be shown the way to the lagoono_O.