A new episode with Raffy .

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gurkan&Raffy, Nov 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gurkan&Raffy

Gurkan&Raffy Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/raffy-on-15-5u.186270/#post-2070400
    Good morning , after that beautiful days at seaside and lagoon, Raffy decided to turn back his pink world.
    As a result of this, i increase the dose 16,5U.
    Yesterday at AM cycle we could not see any improvement, but at the end of PM cycle he was again at seaside.
    This morning AMPS 199, but just 45 min later 267 and +2 356 .
    Next time ; first i ll give the shot and i ll make a test to identify is he reacting insulin or the food?

Toro & Ovi likes this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I wouldn't have increased. He was getting to the 50's on 16 units, which doesn't leave room for an increase. The highs are the result of bounces, a reaction to those greens he isn't used to. As a general rule, I would wait 6 cycles after a green, to wait for the bounce to clear. Then see what numbers Raffy is getting and if he needs to increase.

That big a jump this morning could be part bounce, part new dose wonkiness.

3. Gurkan&Raffy

Gurkan&Raffy Member

That big jump may be a result of my wife. She gave the shot this morning and she said , she is not sure about giving the shot properly :(

4. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning/evening Gurkan. Sorry Raffy is bouncing all around. Wendy coached us thru Titans wild swings , remember dose to the nadir and ride the bounces out till they clear. They will and Raffy has to get used to his new lower numbers. Titan fought blues and greens for awhile. Good luck!

5. Marvin's Mom - Nat

Marvin's Mom - Nat Well-Known Member

It does look like a bounce, I know it is frustrating to wait till it breaks. We are always afraid that maybe it's not a bounce and adjust. For some cats it takes a long time for them to get used to lower numbers and not bounce so much, some always bounce, some clear it fairly quickly when they get used to it, and some eventually stop bouncing (I think that is the exception). It is good to see Raffy get greens, it took a long time, and thanks to your patience and persistence he is getting better numbers. Have you noticed if he is feeling better? With Marvin once he was in the better numbers I noticed his behaviors and personality was gettig better after a few weeks in the blues, and later even better with regular greens.

Gurkan&Raffy likes this.
  6. Gurkan&Raffy

Gurkan&Raffy Member

Goodmorning Nat, bounching is our life style, when he has started to see blues and greens , i was thinking , it is going to stay like that, but as you see our trip at seaside and lagoon was only 3 days.
    His behaviors were completely different, he was calm, sleeping more and not crying for food.
    Today he is travelling between 200-300s.
    I hope to see him again at blues and greens...

Marvin's Mom - Nat likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.