? ???? ADVICE ??? 01-14-20 Salem PMPS question about reducing ?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tina and Salem, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Tina and Salem

Tina and Salem Well-Known Member

Good Morning !

Salem was in the blues all night but he finally came back down to the lagoon this morning ! I like shooting low means he’s going to stay flat most of the day . Third day let’s see how that 1.50 units does hopefully he won’t go below . I guess we are at an active cycle ? I’m learning correct me if I’m wrong please . I want to say these things correctly please . Lol . I hope every one has a great day !
    I’m loving the one drop . Things are better contacting them after the busy holidays. it made it hard to get a hold of someone . We have to understand they are only human people were busy.... there staff was short , people were out on holiday they did the best they could.

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/01-13-20-salem-pmps-151.224239/

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  2. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Hope Salem and you have a nice day floating around the lagoon.

Tina and Salem likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Salem. I hope he heads back to the lagoon and surfs.

4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Very nice Salem.

5. Tina and Salem

Am I reducing too quickly ? Three days is sufficient enough correct ? 3-4 days

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

For some reason your SS is not showing numbers on the 12th and 13th. Usually the depot affects only the first couple of cycles. I think you are fine with your reductions. Only time will really tell.

Cinnie Cole and Tina and Salem like this.
  7. Tina and Salem

lol yes it was messed up this morning it took me 2 hours to fix it sorry . Salem throwed my phone on the floor again ..

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Tina -

The only time that reducing "too fast" is a concern is if you've seen back-to-back low numbers -- in other words, your cat drops into dose reduction territory in successive cycles. These can be situations where the depot hasn't caught up with the initial dose reduction and the numbers drop again. If you reduce in the next cycle, there''s a chance that you may have reduced too much. If that's the case, the worst that can happen in you have to raise the dose -- the second reduction is essentially a failed reduction. OTOH, some cats, when a "mission" to go OTJ really speed down the dose ladder. It can take a little while to sort that out. I think you were fine to reduce Salem's dose.

9. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Excellent that he is getting another reduction! Go for it Salem! FYI - After 1.5 U for a loooooong time, Zoot! went from 1.5 to no dose in three cycles. His pancreas kind of said "Let me do this" and away we went!

10. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Salem's on a mission!!! Congratulations on another reduction Salem and Tina!!! :D

11. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Good luck on your reduction. You will know in a few cycles if it failed .