Alice 6/20 AMPS 67/79 to shoot or not to shoot?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AliceMeowliss (GA), Jun 20, 2019.

1. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

2. AliceMeowliss (GA)

20 min later up to 79 but that’s still a low shoot for full dose. Went ahead and fed her some LC.

I wish she would have a few normal mornings because that’s my chance for other human to help and give me one last nap. :b Ubless I need to be consulted.

3. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

It looks pretty low to me, I think I would skip if I were in your shoes :)

That being said, you know Alice best!

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry no one was around to give you advice. Did you end up shooting?

5. AliceMeowliss (GA)

No shoot. Normal +2 time is only up to 80.

AmandaE likes this.
  6. carfurby (GA)

The skipped shot will help drain the depot and then you can see what she's really doing on the new dose.

AliceMeowliss (GA) likes this.
  7. AliceMeowliss (GA)

Thanks that actually sort of answers my next question which would be is this dose going to be too much, too? But you’re right, this is a good way to see how she does with the decrease.
    I’m not quite sure how to update SS accordingly for the day, should I put no shot and just fill out everything as though it were the same +2 etc?

8. AliceMeowliss (GA)

Also, wondering if it would be good to start getting a +10 or +11 on PM cycles that way I don’t have to delay 20 min past shot time to know if she is rising......

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  9. AliceMeowliss (GA)

Oh! And Alice took her tube top off again. That’s two sleeves. Now I need to wash both. The sleeves were perfectly sized for her, the weird random piece we cut out of the rest of the shirt is more awakened temporarily. :b One more week to go of stitches being covered/inaccessible to her face.

10. AliceMeowliss (GA)

Also I know this could go in the main health forum, but I am a little worried about one of my civvies. He had diarrhea last week and that cleared up, but today he was vomiting. Just bubbles from what I saw. :\ I hate when any of them are sick!

11. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hey there! You reduced her dose last night and this AM she was still under the influence of the higher dose. You could have shot this morning. You shot a lower number before. Anything over 50 on a human meter is shootable. Remember we shoot low to stay low. When numbers are starting off in greens the cycle is usually pretty flat.

AliceMeowliss (GA) and Bellasmom like this.
  12. Bobbie And Bubba

How is civvie eating ?

13. carfurby (GA)

Yes that is how to fill it out.

14. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Sorry didnt see ur question this am

15. AliceMeowliss (GA)

It’s okay, had I persisted I could have tagged whomever I say was online, messaged Chris, something.

The time I shot green before was a reduced dose (12.5% less), and it was shot 45 minutes late. So I think after having to prop her numbers before, how behind on her regular shot schedule she already is, etc, I was unsure. I can be more bold in the future. Usually I try to sleep and allow the other CG to step in and do mornings, as I sacrifice nights, but often I am woken up for advice, and the current standard is don’t shoot ask Cassandra if PS value is under 150. Then I get up and update everything and start her post for the day and try to decide quickly as time ticks!
    So with her running lower numbers now, should I adjust some of my guidelines for myself and other CG? What would those safe adjustments be? I don’t like for Alice to get no insulin at all.

16. Bobbie And Bubba

Hi, it’s all about getting bolder and more comfortable shooting green full dose. Here’s the thing, when you reduce a dose, the higher depot is still at play the first 1/2 of the cycle. Often when they first start getting green ore shots, the are going to start heading upwards whether you shoot or not from bouncing. After they get use to being in greens and you are shooting them regularly, the cycle last are rather flat. That’s a true Lantus curve, nice and flat.

I think you have enough data now to start shooting anything over 50 on a human meter as long as you can monitor.

No worries that you didn’t shoot today. Think of it as a fur shot and proceed. You are doing a great job with Alice!

AmandaE and AliceMeowliss (GA) like this.
  17. AliceMeowliss (GA)

Thanks! I think I will tell the other CG to shoot anything over 100 now without disturbing me, but to ask for help if below 100 in the AM. Since surgery when she was also spayed though, I’ve just seen such low numbers that while I have been extra tired lately have been a little more difficult to keep up with. I need to trust in the Lantus and the pancreas. Lol. That sort of rhymes...... :D

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  18. AliceMeowliss (GA)

PMPS 447, 3.75u, +2 410, I’ll set an alarm for a +6. We also have her moved all the way back to 9:30 compared to her old time of 9 before she was set back by surgery etc all the way to almost 11.......! We are going to stay at 9:30 for a few cycles if we can, for the sake of this current dose test.

This is her low dose on Lantus, btw. She started at 4, went up to 4.25, back to 4, but has stayed there. It’s weird and new and exciting to see her so regulated and see the dose actually go down from where we started. :D

19. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good plan to be a little more bold on shooting lower numbers. With DKA in the recent past, you don't want to skip shots.

It does look like Alice is starting to flatten out a bit. :)

20. AliceMeowliss (GA)

Somehow I keep trying to sleep through my +6 alarms. Got a +7.5 @ 251, so she is coming down. :)