AMPS 22.5 wanting thoughts on holding the dose

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Steph & Suki, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Steph & Suki

Steph & Suki Member

Hi all

We have reached a full depot at 2 and started to see much better numbers although her AMPS just now was back in the red slightly.

I am feeling like i want to hold this dose longer to see if her numbers flatten out as we have had a couple of yellow pre shot numbers and a lovely blue PM +6 on Tuesday night.

What do you think? Or is this the start of a bounce?

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If you have decided which of our dosing methods you would like to follow, could you put TR or SLGS in your signature. The dosing method you are using will determine what next to do with the dose,

The blue number on the night of the 19th is likely the event causing the bounce. Bounces can take six cycles to resolve and you have just started the third cycle after it.

3. Steph & Suki

Steph & Suki Member

I think when i went back down in dose i was following the SLGS method as Suki seems to respond better with increases in small increments plus i am not home enough during the weekday to do all the testing required for TR. So its SLGS for us.

What do you recommend doing?
    And i will add it to my sig now :)

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Where you are at this point, both TR and SLGS increase by the same amount. The difference is in how quickly you increase, hence the amount of monitoring needed, and the point at which you reduce. Since you are following, hold this dose a total of seven days, or 14 cycles, and do a curve somewhere in there when you can. Today is cycle 11. I expect you may have to increase after that, but let’s see what the data says first.

Steph & Suki likes this.
  5. Steph & Suki

Steph & Suki Member

Ok thank you. I can only curve on the weekend so to curve after 14 cycles will take me to Monday i think? So i will have to hold the dose longer than that as the curve will have to be next saturday. Will that be ok?