Back on 16 Units

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gurkan&Raffy, Nov 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gurkan&Raffy

Gurkan&Raffy Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/a-new-episode-with-raffy.186614/#post-2072778

Good morning/afternoon;
    Surfing around all of the colours i get much more tired than Raffy.
    Last week we ve seen lots of blues and greens with 16U. Then he has decided to climb up his standarts . So i ve increased the dose 16.5U as a result of this, however with 16,5u there was no improvement, so we are back again with 16u.
    I need your adviceses again ...

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The previous higher dose of 16.5 units can impact up to 6 cycles after the reduction. Let's see what the numbers are after tomorrow night. It could be that he needs even more insulin. In future, if you see a green, try waiting at least 6 cycles after that, to see if it's a bounce causing higher numbers, or if he just needs more insulin. If Raffy has acromegaly, the tumour can ramp up and mean more insulin is needed. It's not likely you'll find a good dose and then stay there.

3. Gurkan&Raffy

Gurkan&Raffy Member

Thx for your unlimited support Wendy :). Just a few minutes ago i gave the AM shot, he was 180. Belive me ; it is very difficult to give the shot when he is getting crazy for food and i am crazy for sleep, (05:25 AM) 2 days ago the needle was in my finger....:)

MyTitan (GA) likes this.
  4. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh that is so true ! Titan will move/squirm and boom the needle or lancet is buried in a part of me :blackeye:. Nice to know we are not alone :).

Gurkan&Raffy likes this.
  5. Gurkan&Raffy

Gurkan&Raffy Member

Good morning, after six cycles with 16U , nadir was 185. I ll stay on this dose one more day if Raffy sticks on similar levels.
    The next dose should be 16.5u or 17u?... Need your adviceses...

6. Wendy&Neko

If you don't see green at this dose, I would go to 17 units.

7. Gurkan&Raffy

Gurkan&Raffy Member

Good afternoon/evening. This evening Raffy took third shot with 17U. He is even worse than 16U. I hope , he is bounching, (Last 4 mounth he bounched everyday :mad:)
    I could not update SS , but he is around mid 300’s.
    Sometimes i am thinking , we will never find the right dose.

8. Wendy&Neko

Remember New Dose Wonkiness. It can cause temporary higher numbers after an increase, as the depot rebuilds. Often you don't see what a dose can really do until you get 5-6 cycles into it. I know the waiting is hard. :bighug:

One other thing to remember, there is no one right dose. It can and will vary over time. Neko's dose started at 1 unit, went up to 8.75 units, down to to 0.5 units, then back up to 7, then down to 0.25 u over the space of 5 years. The important numbers are the blood sugar values. Just do with the dose what the blood sugar numbers tell you to do.

9. Gurkan&Raffy

Gurkan&Raffy Member

It’s 05:42 AM right now, i gave the AM shot just a few minutes ago, my eyes were wide open :woot:, i ll stay young beacuse of this early wake-up’s.... BG 428 :banghead:, but he is so calm, behaving like a normal kitty. I hope maintenance at depot will complete soon.

10. Gurkan&Raffy

Gurkan&Raffy Member

Good morning; yesterday evening Raffy has decided to go to the beach:eek:
    PMPS 344, then +6 279, +8 167 and he has started the day (AMPS) was 82.+3 110, +5 103.
    But bounching is our life-style, we ll see what will he do this time:cat:

Marvin's Mom - Nat likes this.
  11. Wendy&Neko

It's great to see the greens back again. :D

Gurkan&Raffy likes this.
  12. Marvin's Mom - Nat

Marvin's Mom - Nat Well-Known Member

good Job :)

Gurkan&Raffy likes this.
  13. Gurkan&Raffy

Gurkan&Raffy Member

Good morning/afternoon. This morning Raffy has started the day at Lagoon :cool: and stay there all day long.... just a few minutes ago i gave the PM shot and he was still surfing at high greens. (PMPS 80). But starting night with such a low result makes me a little bit uncomfortable. Anyway ; greens are much more better than pinks and reds...:cat:

14. Wendy&Neko

What an amazing day for Raffy! :D How is he feeling/acting in those numbers? I hope you are getting some tests in tonight.

15. Gurkan&Raffy

Gurkan&Raffy Member

He
    He is behaving like a normal kitty; not sleeping at kitchen:cat: , crying for food etc... +4 was 150, i ll take one more test before going bed. Also he is going to wake me up at 3am for a snack, i ll take one if i can make eyes wide open :bookworm:.
    Do you think going up 150 from 80 which is pmps value is a normal range?

16. Wendy&Neko

Great report on Raffy. :) Since Raffy is on Levemir, it's quite typical to go up after preshot until onset. Typical Lev onset is +4, my Neko was +5. The other possibility is a start of a bounce. Your next test will tell.

17. Gurkan&Raffy

Gurkan&Raffy Member

,+7 was 74 which was before going bed check, i felt my self uncomfortable and gave 3 tea spoons of his LC wet food. Just a few minutes ago which is +9 was 54:eek:, i gave 2 more spoons of his LC food.
    Do you think we should stay on 17u?

18. Wendy&Neko

Up to you and your ability to monitor. You might want to go back a bit to 16.5 if you want more sleep.

19. Gurkan&Raffy

Gurkan&Raffy Member

+10 is 82. I think he is out of danger zone. I ll stay on 17u for AM cycle, if he is going to surf at mid-greens , i ll go back to 16,5u at PM shot. Thx a lot Wendy:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.