Bear 3-8/AMPS 440/+6 333/ Vet Visit

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bear & Lora, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Bear & Lora

Bear & Lora Well-Known Member

Previous Day

We just got back from the Vet about an hour ago and this was not Bear's regular Vet since she is still on vacation.
    His general exam was good his gums were nice and pink so he is well hydrated and was bright and alert.

I showed her Bear's SS and explained his frightening low BG PM events with little food steering since he was vomiting most everything including his anti-nausea meds.

She said she would give Bear an injection of Cerenia which will last till Sunday. (HALLELUJAH!) :)

Bear had blood drawn for his Spec fPL/ Pancreatitis Test. The results should be in Monday.
    She gave me powdered Probiotic to sprinkle in his food twice daily to address his diarrhea.

The injection of Cerenia has had an amazing effect- when we got home Bear started crying for food beside his bowl and when he saw me sprinkling chicken crumbles in his food he was practically singing meows,
    He ate his normal full amount of food.

Now that Bear is able to keep his food on board and ingesting more carbs and calories I know his insulin needs should rise in proportion to his rise in glucose.

I am so relieved we are at this point and Bear is feeling so much better! :D

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  2. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Glad he is feeling better after the Cerenia shot and eating.

What probiotic did she give you?

3. Bear & Lora

Advita

4. Gill & George

Not familiar with that one, just wanted to make sure it wasn't fortiflora, as it's not a great choice probiotic but seems to be a favorite with vets..

Bear & Lora likes this.
  5. Wally & Stefano

Wally & Stefano Member

happy for the improvement :bighug:

Bear & Lora and Gill & George like this.
  6. Bear & Lora

Here is a picture. It might be from Mexico. We get a lot of products from there. Okla is only one state away from Mexico even though Texas is like two states in size. :)

Attached Files:

7. Gill & George

I took a look on line, I was looking for a link on probiotics for you, but can't seem to find it.

8. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

So good to hear that Bear is doing better and that the cerenia shot is doing the trick! It is so upsetting when a diabetic cat is vomiting and or diarrhea and not eating. Sounds like he has turned the corner.

Bear & Lora likes this.
  9. Bear & Lora

Yes, I bet you can imagine how relieved I was to see Bear eating normally, one day shy of a week of eating so scantily.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  10. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Lora, I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight! :bighug:

Bear & Lora likes this.
  11. Bear & Lora

I am considering taking a nap just in case I monitor his PM till the wee hours, but I'm not sure I can relax enough because I still feel so excited and happy.

12. Gill & George

Nite nite Lots, it's bedtime here, hope not to see you when I get up for TFS, because that will mean you're having a boring nite.

Bear & Lora likes this.
  13. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

So glad for you and little Bear! Sounds he's on the right track now :)

Bear & Lora likes this.
  14. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

15. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  16. Hogan

Hogan Member

I'm so glad you had a good vet visit and he's eating again!

Bear & Lora likes this.
  17. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Lora, I am so glad the injection of cerenia did the trick and Bear is eating . I can imagine your relief.
    I know when Sheba had a pancreatic flare and her appetite dropped to almost zero ( she was always so food motivated), she always responded to the injection of cerenia. It was like I took one cat to the vet and brought home a totally different cat.

18. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

So glad to hear Bear is eating and you are finally able to relax a bit. Hopefully no shenanigans tonight! You listening Bear??!! Your Momma needs some rest.

Bear & Lora likes this.
  19. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

Glad Bear is keeping food down!! YAY!!!

Bear & Lora likes this.