Bear 4-15/AMPS 376/+2.5 341/+6 325/PMPS 243/+1.75 210/+4 179

Discussion in 'Lantus / Basaglar (glargine) and Levemir (detemir)' started by Bear & Lora, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Bear & Lora

Bear & Lora Well-Known Member

Previous Day

Bear received his increase this AM.
    The sun is out and everything is green and happy due to Saturday's all day rain.
    Going to take Bear outside for a bit and try to keep him away from grazing on grass since that always ends badly for him within a few hours. :rolleyes:

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

I hope Bear enjoys his outing and doesn't chow down on the grass. My old guy does that and then of course waits till he's back inside to get rid of it! :rolleyes:

3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I saw your comment yesterday about Levimer - I too was told that might help Luci with her erratic numbers but declined giving it a try - basically since I had just heavily invested in Lantus - if that comment had come a week or so earlier I may have given it a shot - but I also have to say I've been watching some other cats who started Lev for bouncing and it really hasn't made much difference - so I'm going to stick with Lantus until I'm running low and then 'might' consider switching to Lev. You may want to tag @Amanda and a Loudogg and ask her what she thinks after switching Loudogg to Lev. Just my two cents. Luci has some good runs on Lantus and I believe we're in this for the long haul - she didn't respond in the first year to aggressive treatment, so now we're just coasting along. She seems happy and healthy with the dose she's getting and I test fairly often so as to watch out for her diving antics of which she is so fond.

My advice would be to use up the Lantus you have on hand and then consider a switch...but that's just me. :) Have a great day :)

Bear & Lora likes this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Well-Known Member

I should keep a collection of names of kitties for whom Lev has made a dramatic difference. Osha is one (see late June 2017). For what it's worth, most people like the results and don't switch back. Ming is less than one month after the switch and starting to learn how to work it. Neko also got flatter on Lev, and most important, much more predictable. It meant I could get three hour naps at night between tests instead of 1 hour.

You are talking to an endorphine junkie. :p

Bear & Lora likes this.
  5. Bear & Lora

Bear & Lora Well-Known Member

Well I know Levemir doesn't make a difference for all cats but my mind says it certainly can't hurt and even smoothing out Bear's bounces a little would be beneficial.
    Now as to when to try Levemir that is undecided as of yet.
    Thank you both for your input @Sue and Luci and @Wendy&Neko. :)

Sue and Luci likes this.