? Biscuit 5/27 AMPS 222, +4 61, +5 66, +8 103,PMPS 246,+3 266

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by ShannonandBiscuit, May 27, 2020.

1. ShannonandBiscuit

ShannonandBiscuit Member

Last Post

So Biscuits numbers were dropping steadily after his dental cleaning etc (2 extracted 2 fell out), so much so that we reduced his dose. But then he started rising a lot (for him) and so we considered it a failed reduction and went back up, but he's still high.

@Chris & China (GA) You mentioned "but IF there's a post-dental infection, having his numbers climb would be a good indicator that he needs to be re-checked."
    Its been a week since his dental, would you suggest taking him back in to be rechecked? or do you think the numbers are just a result of the failed reduction? He is off the pain meds.

Thanks for the advice.

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I think it's always a good idea to get a post-dental check (and it shouldn't cost you anything either...it should be offered in the first place)

ShannonandBiscuit likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

My vets have always suggested a check up a week after a dental. I also found that the numbers would tend to run a little higher for around 10 days after the dental, from inflammation, if there was an extraction or other major surgery.

4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I hope you can get things sorted out with Biscuits...definitely touch base with the dentist. Could be something going on there.