? Brody DOsking Advice 6/9

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Michaellh33, Jun 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michaellh33

Michaellh33 Member

He had an amps of 126. Should I continue with the 3 unit dose?

2. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Hi Michael,
    Have you posted on the Lantus forum for advice?
    Are you going to be able to monitor your kitty's blood glucose if you give the shot?

You could try 'stalling'; ie waiting for 20 mins without feeding to see if the blood glucose rises to a more shootable number.

Just gonna see if there's anyone on the Lantus forum for you....

....Have posted a link to your thread on the Lantus forum, Michael. Hopefully someone with Lantus experience will be able to help you soon.

3. Suzanne & Cobb(GA)

Suzanne & Cobb(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Michael,

Same question as Elizabeth...are you going to be around to monitor and bring Brody's BG up if it goes too low?

~Suzanne

4. Michaellh33

Michaellh33 Member

No I won't. I will be at work today. I may have made a mistake though. I went ahead and gave the dose becasue last time I skipped when it was low it went really high again.

5. Suzanne & Cobb(GA)

Suzanne & Cobb(GA) Well-Known Member

Chances are he went lower last night and will probably bounce today.

Any time you are in doubt, you can always shoot a reduced dose. It's better to be too high than too low.

You might want to leave out some higher carb food for him to snack on, if you are concerned.

6. Michaellh33

Michaellh33 Member

Alright, I will do that. Thank you very much.

7. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

When you can, test sometime between +5 to +7 as this is when the likely nadir, or lowest glucose, may happen for Lantus. You adjust doses for Lantus based on the nadir.
    Maybe even do a curve with tests every 2 hours from pre-shot to pre-shot, if possible, to help fill in the blanks where you haven't had a chance to test.

8. Michaellh33

Michaellh33 Member

I will have to wait till this weekend to do that. Should I consider maintaining the current dose since i had the 126 yesterday?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.