? Bubba 5.22 AMPS 91,+3=54, +4.75= 46, +6.75=68, PMPS=91

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bobbie And Bubba, May 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Good Afternoon L & L ~

Been offline for a few days. Bubba went shark hunting today and afterwards I realized why: He vomited up his + 3 AM meal downstairs with a small hair ball. Apparently, last night he did his PM +3 meal with 2 huge hairballs......lucky he didn't drop too low last night. I will increase the egg yolk during the shedding season.

Question: It has been said that giving dry food and raw food is hard on the kitties digestion. Is feeding mostly raw and giving some canned food hard for them to digest. Guess I am questioning this now because of the sudden increase of hairball pukus. Since Bubba's tooth extraction he enjoyed eating canned food for a few days. He is back to his raw but I have been giving him an ounce of can a day, usually in the middle of the night.

Another dreich day here. We had 8 days in a row of rain, got a break yesterday and now raining off and on again. :rolleyes:

Vines to all Beans and Kitties in need.

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I think it's just the shedding season. My short-haired tabby now has a bunch of tufts on his hind legs and I see them only during spring and fall.

Maybe it could be also Bubba's body is used to raw and you are adding one meal of canned food so it's a change. Who knows?

3. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I think raw or dry is only hard to digest if it's not status quo, many cats do fine with either and other cats are very sensitive. Asia had problems with red meat raw, but with poultry she is just fine. If Bubba does well on raw, keep at it. I agree with Mandy, if he's not used to the canned, that could cause a little upset. Most likely hairballs are the main issue though. Toki is a short hair cat and the only time she gets hairballs is when she gives Asia a good bath! :joyful: Asia is medium hair and when she did groom herself well, she never had issues with hairballs. I think some kitties are more prone than others and diet also probably plays a part in it. I hope the egg yolk nips the issue!

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  4. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Bubba, no need to go so close to the sharks!

5. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Yo Deputy Bubba, those hairballs will slow you down when you're swimming so close to the sharks. Hope you got all the hair out of your system.
    ~ LagoonMeister Rusty

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Some wet with raw should be OK. The issue with dry and raw is that dry takes something like four times as long as raw to be digested so the digestive system has to work harder. Canned is only twice as long. Have you ever eaten vegetarian for a while then had a big red meat meal. Same thing for us, feels uncomfortable with food being processed at different speeds. As long as Bubba had been eating raw fairly recently, he should have the digestive enzymes needed to process raw.

Could use some of your rain here in the Pacific Northwest. Gardens are getting dry.

7. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Same here! :)

8. Bobbie And Bubba

Thanks for weighing in about the dif with wet and raw. I was hoping that his upset with the hairballs was just that and that the canned/ wet wasn't the issue.

I will send you some rain..........ugh.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  9. Bobbie And Bubba

upload_2018-5-22_19-33-6.png
    We've got book ends! AMPS =91 PMPS= 91! So glad he didn't shoot up after his low today.

10. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

:D

Gorgeous cycle(s) :cat: WTG Bubba

11. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice on the bookends. It sounds like hairballs to me. It is hairball season here.

12. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

Hey there, Bubba!

13. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:❤️:bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: Go , Bubba :woot:

15. Stacy & Asia

I noticed you use Traumeel, I originally got it for Asia, but my daughters really like it for all of their dancer aches and pains. Where do you get yours? It doesn’t seem to be available in the states. I got mine on Amazon but it comes from overseas and take a bit to get here.

Bubba is looking great post dental, I hope he’s feeling awesome too! :bighug:

16. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

@Stacy & Asia In Canada at least, Traumeel has been renamed Traumacare. I am currently using buckets of it on me. It's readily available in pharmacies.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  17. Stacy & Asia

It used to be available here, but they have renamed it T relief and it’s not the original formula and according to reviews, very much not the same or as effective as it was. I wonder if it’s the case in Canada as well?

18. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree with Mandy. It is hairball season, Bronx leaves me a present almost every eve now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.