? Bubba AM=245 ++5=295,+10=211

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bobbie And Bubba, Nov 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Bubba 11.10.16

Good Morning L & L~

Bubba had two diarrheas yesterday and he has stopped eating , nothing since dinner. And all I could get him to eat was YA dry. I have been syringing water. I just took his temperature ( he didn't like that) and he was 96.4 so we will be seeing the vet today. Got to get the fever down!

OT: Yesterday our services coordinator came to the house to get the ball rolling for in home care for mom. This has been a 6 month process! The good news is that she will get free medic alert device and the caregivers do evenings and weekends! Also respite if DH I want to take a holiday ( haven't had one by ourselves in 3 years)

Vines to all Beans and Kitties in need.

2. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Bobbie, prayers and vines for Bubba's vet visit. I don't think 96.4 is a fever. Did you mean some other temp, maybe over 100?

3. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Prayers for sweet Bubba....

4. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Bobbie - that thermometer reading is actually low for a cat
    still it sounds like another vet visit for poor Bubs

5. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Tons of vines for Bubba:bighug:

6. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

I just realized that I have no idea what a cat's temperature is supposed to be!
    I would definitely take Bubba to the vetty-bean. Obviously something is upsetting his tummy; perhaps he picked up a parasite from one of his mouse hunts?

7. Bobbie And Bubba

Oops. Yeah he measured 106.4. I'm at the vet's now. He was 103 on their thermometer. Waiting for the doc to come in.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  8. Lincolns Mom

Lincolns Mom Well-Known Member

Positive thoughts for Bubba at the vets and strength for you Bobbie :bighug::bighug:

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  9. Judy and Boomer

Sending lots of vines to Bubba!

10. Bobbie And Bubba

Normal temp is 99.5-102.5.

11. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Good luck @Vets - let us know what the vet says

12. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Prayers and vines :bighug::bighug:
    for Bubba :bighug::bighug:
    soon to feel fine :bighug::bighug:

13. Shoeskitty-GA

Hope it's nothing serious.

14. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Hug and get well vines for Bubba. He must of ate a bad mouse. Good news on your mum.

15. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Prayers and healing vines for Bubba, hope the vet can put him right in no time. Glad you have good news about your Mom's care, that's got to be a huge relief to you, I know how hard it is worrying about our aging parents.

Keep us posted! :bighug:

16. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

VETTY VINES...VETTY VINES...VETTY VINES.....VETTY VINES......

17. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

Sorry Bubba is not well:( Isn't 96 a lower than normal temperature? Isn't normal 99.5 to 102.5? Hope the vet can figure out whats wrong?:bighug::bighug::bighug:

18. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

Sending prayers and healing energy for Bubba and lots of :bighug::bighug::bighug: for you.

19. Asrael

Asrael Well-Known Member

Sending prayers, vines and love for you and Bubba! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

20. Bobbie And Bubba

I did a typo. He registered 106.4 on my thermometer but was only 103 at the vet. I will be getting a new thermometer.

21. Bobbie And Bubba

Back from the vets. BW showed nothing, urinalysis : sugar in his urine. She suspects gastro upset which is what the animal communicator told me. They gave Sub Q fluids, and a shot of Cerenia and if he doesn't start eating in a few hours I am going to give an appy stimulant. He has lost 2 lbs according to their scales but as of 11/7 he was only down a few ounces from my scales??

22. Judy and Boomer

Sending some feel-better vines to Bubba! Hopefully his tummy will settle down and he will eat for you soon.
    Do you think the tummy issues would have caused the higher BGs?

23. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the treatments help Bubba feel better so he'll eat. I'm glad you're able to get help for your mom. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

24. Bobbie And Bubba

That's what the animal communicator said, that his tummy hurts and he just doesn't feel good and that he's nauseous.

25. Bobbie And Bubba

I have made a SEB slurry and gave him 1 tsp and offered some tuna and juice 5 minutes later and all he would do was lick it. :banghead: I will wait 2 hours and try an appy stimulant (cyproheptadine)

The vet did say his platelets were lower than last BW on 9.8 but not enough to worry. He has also lost 2 lbs on their scales since Sept. I weighed him when we got home and he has lost 1 pound in 4 days? How can that be when he only stopped eating last night.??? Should I be as concerned as I feel?

HWright likes this.
  26. WileyWonderCat

WileyWonderCat Member

I'm so sorry to hear about Bubba. :bighug::bighug: Did they do a full BW panel?

27. Bobbie And Bubba

As far as I know . It was in house and my receipt says CCBC/ldx 19999/IH N/R ( (127.50 for the BW)

28. Jan Radar (GA)

Jan Radar (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that Bubba is not feeling well. Sending :bighug: for you and feel better very soon thoughts for your sweet boy.

29. HWright

Vines and hugs from Sootie , me and our household. I know and feel your worry and concerns too well. My thoughts for what it's worth from this group newbie:

1. Let's make anti jinx the mantra. Deep breaths and healing.
    2. My guess is that you are far more knowledgeable than I am about pharmos but also very familiar with the benefits of herbs, alternative approaches etc, too. So, my apologies in advance if I offer suggestions that are in the 'been there done that' realm.
    3. Depending on cat and situation, I've found that SEB can sometimes take some time to do its work whether soothing digestive tract and nausea, relieving discomfort hence stimulating appetite, or aiding in elimination. There have been some situations where I've syringe fed SEB liquid every hour or so, gradually adding other slurry components into the SEB liquid. Sometimes I have made a syringeable liquid slurry of pumpkin, baby oatmeal (optional), baby fud (beef seemed to appeal here) and slippery elm bark powder. Sometimes I'd add a drop or two of Acv (which also acts to balance ph and with some of my kitties actually perked up their interest in food sniffer instincts) and in next feedings add probiotic. My thoughts about including baby oatmeal flakes , oat bran (cooked or raw) or very diluted and blended cooked oatmeal is that it is very digestible, less reactive than other grains, has nutrition, is relatively low glycemic index and helps to soothe the stomach and digestive tract.
    sometimes i've resorted to adding a touch of Royal canin recovery or hill's a/d (yes it's garbage but sometimes the smell perks up interest).
    4. These are what come to mind in light of what's happening and your communicator's indications (btw I bow to and applaud you in this and all regards).
    5. Some homeopathic remedies come to mind and ones that have been helpful, too, as well as some herbs and Chinese meds.

I've probably gone on way too long but I do hope am of some help. You have been kind and helpful to us in these paths. May Bubba get his appy and oomph back and so that you, his most devoted, most loving bean and he can be back in full swing again soon.
    Hugs and ❤️
    Sina

30. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

His temp would seem to be too low, also a concern. Normal temp for a kitty is 100 - 102.
    Thank God you're finally getting some help for your mum. Here's hoping you can get a vacation soon!

Hugs:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

31. Bobbie And Bubba

Sina, thanks so much for the above post, you are so sweet. I was going to ask what Acv was ( I thought it was a typo):oops: I did give the SEB slurry ,1 tsp around 2:34 EST. I will give some more as your above recommendation, I am very open to whatever I can do here supportively. With the remedies I am giving, I need to space the SEB 2 hours apart. The remedy my homeopath gave is Ars I (Arsenicum iodatum) and a Lymes Nosade para. He is so pathetic and just looks like he is so uncomfortable. At least no more diarrhea, just the 2 times yesterday evening.

Thanks again for the above, I really appreciate it.

32. Bobbie And Bubba

The temp I posted this AM was a typo. My thermometer said 106.4 but when we got to the vets he was only 103.

HWright likes this.
  33. Julie and Eleanor (GA)

Julie and Eleanor (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Bubba feels better soon. Poor guy.
    When Eleanor has GI issues her BG goes up and she also runs a temperature.
    I think the weight loss is a concern.

HWright likes this.
  34. Carol & Murphy (GA)

could it be pancreatitis? Is he meat loafing?

35. Bobbie And Bubba

Yes, some meatloafing just right now as a matter of fact but, no vomiting and only diarrhea( tennis size ball amount) just twice yesterday and none today. The vet didn't entertain Ptitis.

Photorecon and HWright like this.
  36. Shoeskitty-GA

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet but SEB can interfere with the absorption of oral meds and it is advised to either give meds before using SEB or give them 2 hours after using SEB. I sure hope that this is short lived for Bubba and that he gets back to normal ASAP!

37. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

Oh, dear. That is way too high-106. Shoulda' known you'd know the correct temps. Sorry. Sigh

38. Gussie's mom (GA)

Ok I give...what is Acv??
    Bobbie could the weight loss be due to the switch to raw? Most my cats slimmed down once they transitioned to raw..
    Grasping here maybe?:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

HWright likes this.
  39. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Sending feel better vines for Bubba

40. Gussie's mom (GA)

Nobody uses anything vile for rodent control out your way do they?

41. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

42. Bobbie And Bubba

Funny you should say that about raw because I was wondering the same thing but , 1 pound in 4 days seems extreme since he only stopped eating last night after dinner. I am wondering what Acv is too.

43. Bobbie And Bubba

I don't know, good question. Bubba is the rodent control,LOL. The AC said it's a bacterial infection from something bad he ate.

HWright likes this.
  44. carfurby (GA)

HWright and Bobbie And Bubba like this.
  45. Bobbie And Bubba

PMPS= 218 and still won't eat despite the appy stimulant.:blackeye::(:banghead:

46. Bobbie And Bubba

HWright likes this.
  47. Photorecon

Photorecon Well-Known Member

I'm no divinity but I think it is a bit early to stop sleeping. No matter the external
    element affecting health it doesn't go away in a day. Bubba immune system will
    gear on with time.

Hope is will come soon, let's ask the health committee above to address the
    situation.

All faith to you Bobbie :bighug:

HWright likes this.
  48. carfurby (GA)

I hope you can get Bubba to eat tonight. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

49. Photorecon

Keep on Bobbie, affection is something you can give that can just help.

50. Asrael

Asrael Well-Known Member

Sending vines and love- :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

51. HWright

❤️❤️❤️ And feeling your worry and Bubba's discomfort to the core.
    I've never tried nosodes but am familiar with arsenicum (album not iodatum).

Apologies for being distracted by non-feline absurdities, hence delay in getting back on here.

@Bobbie And Bubba, @Gussie's mom
    @carfurby
    Thanks Carla for solving the acronym mystery! Yes, ACV is Apple Cider Vinegar as in organic, raw, unfiltered with the 'mother' (all the good stuff). Bragg's brand is the one I use.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  52. Gussie's mom (GA)

Well that certainly could include a less than fit rodent right?

53. Gussie's mom (GA)

Is that on your scale, the 1 lb? Couple of thoughts here..raw, diahrreah episode, and not eating might add up....

54. Gussie's mom (GA)

Hang in there Bobbie.. he might be wanting to be left to decide on his own he will deign to eat and give your worried heart a break..he's had quite the day even from cat standards and might be registering his disapproval in the most aggravating cat way...via refusing to eat knowing it's what we desperately need to see them do:bighug::bighug:
    Didn't he perk up last time after you let him go outside? Maybe a supervised foray into his territory would perk his mood and consequently his appy??
    (Still grasping as best I can):bighug::bighug:

55. Bobbie And Bubba

Yes, 1 lb on my scales. He has in the past had a big range from one day to the next with as much as 1/2 lb. Guess because he's sick it makes me more concerned. But,I do think that raw diet + exercise when he was allowed out again did pull some weight off. I want my little pudge back. :(

Gussie's mom (GA) and HWright like this.
  56. Bobbie And Bubba

He's not even interested in going outside. I think you are right, he doesn't feel good and had vetty stress today. Maybe his digestive track needs no food for a day to heal? I'm grabbing too. LOL

57. Bobbie And Bubba

I meant to respond back, sorry Sandi for the delay. Yes, I know about the 2 hour separation between SEB and meds. He got vetty shots at 10:15 AM and SEB at 2:30. So glad he doesn't have a lot of meds I have to juggle .I don't know how Wendy does it.

58. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

Bobbie on the foodfurlife website there is a lot of useful info. regarding all this.
    I ordered George's 100% Aloe Vera no taste.
    I also ordered Dr. Good pets digestive support with lactobacillus acidophilus.
    I'm wanting to find a pure SEB too.
    I sure hope you are able to get Bubba eating again. I'm wondering too if this has something to do with eating a bad mouse or one that has poison on it? Just a thought.

HWright likes this.
  59. Bobbie And Bubba

Thanks for the reference to Foodfurlife regarding GI upset. I will check it out.

I hope it is not poison and feel like the AC might be on target with the bacterial infection. That would make sense with a slight fever.

I got my SEB at a health food store, organic, Oregon's Wild Harvest brand. Think it was under 19 bucks.

DebG, HWright and Shoeskitty-GA like this.
  60. Judy and Boomer

61. HWright

I'm catching up here... Ok this and in relation to about fud, rodent control etc...and your homeopath's remedy choices (what I understand of them) makes sense, addressing infection, irritation etc.

I had been wondering if you'd want to ask your homeopath about homeopathic phosphorus (which is usually for fresh, bright red bleeds) or maybe an herb which might be a possible adjunct to help heal irritation in the gi tract. If there is bleeding (even minute traces bc of irritation), then supporting the soothing of the gi tract should help to support Bubba's efforts to heal.

I'm not one to suggest complicating the remedy process by adding yet another remedy (each needs to focus on what it needs to do) but it may be that your homeopath might want to or already intends incrementally layer remedies in the direction of pulling the healing process together.

So...and again I apologize if seems like I'm rambling (I'm thinking this through in process and fumbling with auto correct!) ... Bc of the timing of remedies between other kinds of intake...can you syringe feed Bubba a little at a time, a liquid slurry that includes SEB, a simple protein like baby food to start with? Do you have any canned pumpkin? If so, mush a little in the slurry. If not that's ok. I'd try baby fud and SEB slurry syringe feed to start.
    Do you have any bone broth? That's a possible too.

I get my SEB from mountain rose herbs. It's organic and seems not to be as harsh smelling as some others i've tried. Seems to be more palatable for my tribe (including DH's introduction to it yesterday!). My local (well, he's a good hour away) homeopathic vet uses their herbs.
    Here's the link just in case:
    https://www.mountainroseherbs.com/products/slippery-elm-bark-powder/profile

Reason for edit: Adding text
  62. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry that Bubba is sick and hope he'll be feeling better again, soon. I'm enclosing a link to @Jill & Alex (GA) 's passing on of instructions for making the Liver Shake for sick cats. I don't see it mentioned in this condo yet, but apparently it has helped many FDMB kitties when nothing else worked.

Many, many vines for Bubba!

I'm glad you are getting help for the care of your mom.

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

HWright likes this.
  63. Gussie's mom (GA)

I saw that brand on Amazon too btw

64. Bobbie And Bubba

Oh great and thanks, I forgot about the liver shake. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

65. Gussie's mom (GA)

66. Gussie's mom (GA)

I'm hoping for a mouse with the flu and he's going to feel better once it's thru his system no pun intended:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    My friends vet always has het take her cats (and dogs) off food for a day when they are sick..can't say I agree with him but when my cat Buster had his first flare up of pancreatitis that was step one with his vet too...maybe a GI rest can help....
    Cmon Bubba., pass that bad mouse and feel better so you can eat your good for you fuds:bighug::bighug:

67. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link. I'll get some ordered for Fritz:)

68. Bobbie And Bubba

That's kind of what my vet said, his GI tract could use a rest but monitor carefully The BG's. He is hanging in the 200's despite only eating 1 1/2 oz today. Going to the store to get chicken livers for the liver shake.

ETA: I think I will wait to give it to him till tomorrow.

69. HWright

Same here. Bubba, pass that gunky mouse!!!

When Bo had p'titis (which came totally out of the blue) it was touch and go. My vet said same as what you (Leslie) described as being the usual initial treatment method but also....bc of Bo's age, other health problems etc.. He had to have food. So, I started him By syringe feeding bone broth, then he started drinking it on his own, then bone broth with SEB, then baby food with SEB, all small amounts, frequent feedings, and so on. A slow gradual process. All that adding up to that it's one way to both help the body to rest and recoup (as in fasting) and nourish without fasting. Ya think ?

70. HWright

Liver shake yes!!!!!! Brilliant!!!!

71. Squalliesmom

So sorry Bubba is feeling so poorly. I hope he starts to feel better soon, and gets his appetite back. I think the liver shake is a good idea, bone broth, too - try making your SEB slurry using bone broth rather than water. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

72. HWright

That's a wonderful idea!!! When Bo was sick, I cut up a raw chicken liver, juice and all. He gobbled it up and perked right up. I read about the liver shake only recently...and printed it out to have in the arsenal. Sootie, are you listening?

73. Bobbie And Bubba

Lucy, how do you make bone broth?

HWright likes this.
  74. Squalliesmom

Bobbie, you can make it with either chicken or beef. For the beef, you want a nice marrow bone. You just simmer the bones in water to make a broth, a couple of hours for the chicken, usually a bit longer for the beef. You want to make sure the marrow leaches out into the broth to make it nice and rich.

Bobbie And Bubba and HWright like this.
  75. Gussie's mom (GA)

If you cant make it you can buy organic bone broth
    But that home made sounds far yummier!!

HWright likes this.
  76. HWright

Do you add ACV (acronym of the night!) to water and let bones presoak for an hour or so before simmering?

77. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie wanted me to assure you there were no tainted mousies served at his party:bighug::bighug::bighug:

78. Bobbie And Bubba

I just syringed fed for the very first time. I used turkey baby food, blended it up with a tsp of SEB slurry. I forgot to tap the air bubbles out of the syringe, What a squirty gaggy mess! Sorry Bubbs :eek: Now for syringe number 2.....

Olive & Paula and HWright like this.
  79. Tuxedo Mom

Bobbie

I posted this on another thread about making broth:

I also do bone broth and chicken broth from the bones. I use organic marrow bones if I can find them and add 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar to the water(Usually about 4-5 cups of water)...same for the chicken...this helps draw out the nutrients. For the bone broth I like to let is simmer for 12 hours if I can manage...it gets more of the nutrients from the bones. Chicken broth I usually do 3-4 hours simmering. Usually the broth will have a consistency of gel and I freeze it in small containers for quick defrosting and use.

ETA Bone broth made with a good quantity of marrow bones and simmered a long time is a good source of protein and many other nutrients. You can add water to the "gel" to make it easier to feed,

HWright likes this.
  80. Bobbie And Bubba

Where do you get it ready made?

HWright and Gussie's mom (GA) like this.
  81. Bobbie And Bubba

LOL! Of course not with Chef Rusty's culinary talents. ;)

HWright and Gussie's mom (GA) like this.
  82. Tuxedo Mom

If buying the ready made broth makes sure you get the no salt, no onion or garlic type.

83. Gussie's mom (GA)

There are some out there as a bone broth diet was popular recently..let me check what I have and where I got it

84. Bobbie And Bubba

Thanks for that Mary Ann. What kind of chicken bones, wings , necks, thighs? Do you have a recipe with water measurement and amount of bones, etc.?

HWright likes this.
  85. HWright

I do same way, sometimes letting it simmer longer. I think the best batch so far was when I let it simmer for about 24 hours, periodically adding a little water if needed and skimming off the fat.

86. Tuxedo Mom

I usually will use the wings and neck raw and the bones from a cooked chicken. I don't have an exact measurement since I am used to the pot that I use, but I figure it is around 4 or 5 cups...but it may be more...I have a canning pot with the inset and put the bones in there (for chicken broth) and then fill till the bones are covered and add the ACV, bring it to a boil then let it simmer for about 3 or 4 hours. Sorry for not having better measurements but I have been doing it for so long I just doit by look

ETA The canning pot works well for removing the bones from the fluid, since you just lift out the insert and all the bones are in there.

ETA I just filled the pot with water and it is closer to 6-7 cups of water. Some of it will boil off as it is simmering, so you would probably end up with about 4-5 cups of liquid broth or less if you let if go to a gel form. This is using a whole chicken carcass from a 6 lb chicken and I save the bones from individual chicken parts that I cook as well and throw then all in. I let it cool and skin the heavy fat off the top,

87. Olive & Paula

@Bobbie And Bubba

Here is the recipe from IBD website. This is what I followed. I used slow cooker and cooked for 14 hrs. That's when the bones became hollow. It will depend on size of bones. I used soup bones, chicken backs and necks. Be prepared for the horrendous smell.

http://www.ibdkitties.net/bone-broth/

ETA: When done I put it in a zip lock plastic container to cool. The fat floated to top and solidify. It's easy to remove it then the skimming. I made eggs by freezing in foam egg carton and took them out as I needed them. Still using the ones I made.

88. Squalliesmom

If you don't have a canning pot, you can wrap the bones in a cheesecloth sack, definitely makes it easier to remove!
    That's how I do it, too, I don't measure it. I don't think it makes any difference, as long as you have enough water to cover and simmer the bones in.
    That's a great idea! I always freeze mine in ice trays, but the egg cartons are a better idea!

89. HWright

@Bobbie And Bubba
    Good morning, How are you both doing? Vines and healing all around
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

90. Bobbie And Bubba

You are an early bird! He is the same, not interested in eating. He did lick some tuna juice. I am getting ready to go to the store and get some chicken livers.to make the liver shake.

HWright likes this.
  91. carfurby (GA)

I hope the liver shake helps. Sending more prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

92. Photorecon

If the ''issue'' is intestinal I would not hesitate to flush out as
    That's always a winner. Maybe adding some warm chicken broth would be like
    a nice meal at the restaurant ? An outside meal is always good for the moral.

Sure this is winner, hope all goes for the best today.

*should start a new tread or edit the date Bobbie.

93. HWright

Glad Bubba ate at least a little tuna juice. Hope the liver shake helps.
    You must be exhausted with worry and no sleep. Prayers and vines for a better day for you both.❤️:bighug::bighug:❤️

94. Bobbie And Bubba

Thanks Sina, I don't do well with the no eating thing. I think I was an Italian grandmom in another life, LOL "eat eat, mangiare!

95. Photorecon

That's understandable, we all feel sorry about that.

*something coming to my mind : could mice have carrying bacteria or unknown
    unhealthy substance not detected by blood / urine test ?. Those are rodents after
    all. I'll do some research for you. In the meantime feeding is priority to give
    the strength to fight whatever is running inside. Could start considering syringe feeding
    in the worst case with liquid sub-q if he doesn't drink.

Keep us in touch, many spirits here are with you :bighug:

96. HWright

Same here and about no eating especially when our kitties are sick and not eating.
    I really hope the liver shake helps turn things around for Bubba and gives him a boost and assist in detoxing! Yo, Bubba!

Gussie's mom (GA) likes this.
  97. Olive & Paula

Do not let them sit in foam egg carton longer than overnight. The broth can stick to it and foam can break off when removing. As soon as they are pretty much frozen I put them in a zip lock baggie.

98. Bobbie And Bubba

Paula, just got back for the butcher with an organic 3 lb chicken. I just pulled up the same link that you posted here and was wondering if you do it in the crockpot for 14 hours is that on low of high? I can't imagine it smelling horrible.

HWright likes this.
  99. Olive & Paula

It was low setting. After 10 hrs I put it on high to hurry it up. I think the soup bones (beef) made it smell bad. The bigger/thicker the bones the longer it takes. Since I wasn't using or grinding the bones, I cooked it till the marrow and cartilage came out of the bone and it was hollow.

If I make it again I will cook on high for shorter time.

Smokey loved it. I would put 1 teaspoon on his food and he would eat every bit. One "egg" lasted 3 days. I would thaw one in the 4oz gladware container.

100. Bobbie And Bubba

Thanks, I have it on high and I saved my egg carton, great idea! Hope he'll love it! With mine being all chicken, I am not expecting it to smell badly.

HWright likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.