Buddy 9/19 AMPS 369

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kelly and Buddy, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

Last post

Any thoughts on Buddy's crazy numbers? Other than his brownie incident two days ago, no contraband that I am aware of. Are these bounces? What about the crazy jump last night at his +4??

I just don't know what to think anymore. I am wondering if my insulin could be off but, it that was the case, why would I get any low numbers? Also, why am I having so many nights where he is already leveling out or rising by +4. That was not been the case previously. I also wonder if there is something else going on with him? He seems himself, other than guzzling water by the cup and peeing everywhere. :(

I just want to see some green...just a wee bit of green.

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

That brownie would do it. FWIW IMO. Since your on SLGS after the 7 days increase his dose. If you do TR you could increase tomorrow. You could do TR for awhile to get him down then go back to SLGS if you prefer. Eventually they sort of put themselves on SLGS as they start accepting more normal numbers.

3. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

I would LOVE to be on TR but am terrified of trying it while I'm at work for such long hours. If I could leave food out for him, in case he started dropping, I would feel a bit better. Unfortunately, any food I leave out will immediately be inhaled.

4. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

That's why a automatic pet feeder is so valuable.

5. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

Right, and I have an auto feeder that I use every day. I was talking about people who are able to leave food out for cats to eat when they need it not when a timer dispenses it. If I have the timer set to open at noon and Buddy starts going hypo at 10, a timed feeder won't help. That's what I meant when I said I wish I could leave food out for him. :(

Bronx's dad (GA) likes this.
  6. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

Bronx is gorgeous, by the way. I have had every color of cat imaginable except for grey. Bronx's coat and eyes are beautiful...I mean handsome! ;)

7. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you Kelly, Buddy is a handsome guy himself! Tabbys always have a soft spot in my heart. Rusty was my first kitty, here is me posing like him many, many years ago...

. rusty.jpg

8. JeanW

JeanW Member

Love the picture!

9. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Kelly, if you could get a +1 or 2 before leaving each day to get a feel for how the cycle could play out, you could change the feeder to open whenever you would think he might need to get boosted up.

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Tomorrow is day 7. Can you get a curve in this weekend? Looks like he's due for an increase, unless the curve says otherwise.

The brownie should be long out of his system. Hopefully the barbeque chicken didn't have any high carb sauce on it. Cats! :cat:

11. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

That picture is AWESOME!!! Rusty reminds me so much of my Buddy, as well as another orange tabby I have name Diesel. I actually have FOUR orange. Two that look like Rusty, another is orange and white, and then Grumpy Cat who is a beautiful, long hair orange and white tabby but, man oh man, is he ever mean!!

12. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Orange males are supposedly to have really sweet dispositions. I have heard that. And my two boys do. Guess there are no absolutes, LOL.

I love the photo too that Paul posted. What a great pic. Calendar worthy if Beans are allowed.

13. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

All of my oranges are lovely except for Grumps. Some days I think Satan has come to live with me dressed as a beautiful cat. If Grumpy ever becomes diabetic, I don't think I could EVER medicate him...without losing a few fingers. He's a mess!

I'll have to post a picture of him later. Funny enough, your Bubba reminds me a lot of Grumps. I noticed that one of the first times I saw Bubba.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.