1. Are you getting a server error? It should be solved. Email webmaster@felinediabetes.com if you're still having trouble!
  2. Calendar Fundraiser is starting! Check out this CALENDAR LINK to learn more!!

Info Buying insulin from Canada

Discussion in 'Lantus / Basaglar (glargine) and Levemir (detemir)' started by Chris & China (GA), Sep 20, 2018.

1. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

For those of you using Lantus, Levemir or Basaglar, it's much cheaper to buy it from Canada at Marks Marine Pharmacy. This is a real pharmacy, not one of those "website pharmacies" and they have a pharmacist on duty to help you with questions.

You'll pay about 1/3 to 1/2 as much as you pay here in the US!!

Marks is fantastic and has been used by hundreds of other sugarcat moms and dads from all over the country. Insulin is shipped with a medical grade icepack as well as enclosed in a special envelope designed to control temperature. During warmer months, they may also suggest buying a small cooler too.

Current prices are: (as of 8/19)

Shipping is $25 (up to $500 worth)

Lantus Solostar pen (box of 5) $164.99
    Lantus vial $110.99
    Individual pens $49.99 (plus expedited shipping $19.95)

Levemir Flextouch (box of 5) $169.99

Basaglar Kwikpen
    (box of 5 pens) $124.99
    Basaglar cartridges (box of 5) $124.99

Tell them Chris sent you...LOL

They've added a video explaining their shipping here www.canshipinsulin.com

During the winter they will want to know what kind of temperatures you're expecting in your area before they ship so there's no chance of your insulin freezing in transit, so if you can, plan ahead and order when it's not going to be any problem!!

In the summer, it's best to try to order when your temps are forecast to be under 80 for the upcoming week. For an extra charge, you can also add a cooler to help keep things cool. They include a temperature gauge so you can see if your insulin has gotten too hot too.

Here's a video explaining how they ship to keep temperature sensitive medications as safe as possible.

Previous thread on Buying Insulin from Canada

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  2. Mary Ann & Baby

Mary Ann & Baby Member

Yes! I just received my first order for Lantus vials from them yesterday! The first bottle I purchased here in the US at Walgreens was $270ish! THRILLED, and they are SO NICE! Really, very personable folks out there. Love it. Recommend them!

(@Chris & China, I will say that it was hot here and my temperature strip came back with two of the windows in the pink..."moderate"...I am assuming that is okay!)

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  3. Bronx's dad

Bronx's dad Well-Known Member

I time it and get 15 pens in the spring and fall to prevent the extreme temps (they will allow 3 boxes of 5 and keep shipping at $25). Ain't cheap juicing an acro kitty!

JeffJ likes this.
  4. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

I do similar to Paul.i get either a vile or a box of pens spring & fall. I am using the vile I got last fall currently. The vile I got in the spring is my reserve.i will start it shotly and order on for reserve through the winter.

5. Chris & China (GA)

should be fine.....the first time I ordered it was late June so my shipment went out with 2 postal holidays (Canada Day and 4th of July) included so it took longer to get to me.....it was still fine and it was 90+ degrees every day

6. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

7. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

Getting ready to place my first order but am waiting on my vet to approve and submit prescription. She wanted to make sure it wasn't a pharmacy getting insulin from China. I assured her that MANY FD beans order from them but she still had reservations. Hopefully she will see the light and fax the prescription soon.

8. Chris & China (GA)

Encourage her to call if she has any questions.....The pharmacy manager's name is Jordan and he'll be happy to answer any questions she may have.

They get their Lantus from a Canadian manufacturer

Kelly and Buddy likes this.
  9. Wendy Harlow

Wendy Harlow New Member

Thank you so much for this information. I've been really stressing about affording Jack's insulin once this pen runs out.

10. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Don't forget about Basaglar!
    Basaglar is what they call a biosimilar of Lantus:

"A biosimilar is a biologic medical product that is almost an identical copy of an original product, with the same active substance, that is manufactured by a different company."

Basaglar and Lantus are both insulin glargine and Basaglar is less expensive than Lantus. :)

11. Chris & China (GA)

Lots of us have been there!! It's so crazy how much it is here in the states.

Marks is really wonderful and they are saving a lot of kitties lives by making the insulin affordable!

12. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

She gave me the green light to buy from Canada and was super impressed with their affordable prices!

Chris & China (GA) and Leah like this.
  13. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member