? Can someone please offer me guidance on R usage?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Justin & Sebastian, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Justin & Sebastian

Justin & Sebastian Well-Known Member

Asking in this thread as I was instructed. I really would like to get some guidance on using R. Sebastian is getting high on the Lantus dosage, his BG is getting into the 300s and his ketone readings are getting up there and something needs to change to get this under control.

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Any chance he is having a p'titis flare? I wonder if there is some pain going on. Thats a tiny amount of bupre your giving 12 hrs apart. Ollie is in a flare now and getting 0.2 ml every 8 hrs. (today is 3 days). Tomorrow will try going back to 12 hrs.

3. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

Although I haven’t seen her around lately, if @Sandy and Black Kitty stop in, she is very knowledgeable in- helping peeps get started :)

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

What time in what time zone is your preshot time? It’s good to find someone who can be there at preshot and coach you through both what to do, and not to do. Sandy’s Black Kitty also had IAA of 85.

5. Justin & Sebastian

I'm not really sure how to tell at this point. He's not vomiting or having any other abnormal behavior. The only thing off is the high BG. I just got blood work done on Monday, entered on his spreadsheet. WBC and abs neutrophils are high, so possibly some kind of infection. His precisionPSL is at the top of the normal range, which is says doesn't indicate acute p'titis, but I'm not sure how it relates to chronic.

I'm in EST, shot time is 6:30

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Thanks, that rules me out for AM shots as I am west coast. I will ask around.

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  7. nslade001

nslade001 Well-Known Member

What mg/ml is your bupe? Is it standard in the US? My Ontario vet has 200 mg/ml, my NS vet has 800 mg/ml. Curious!
    With love, Nikki

8. Olive & Paula

Ollie is 0.5 mg/ml.

9. nslade001

nslade001 Well-Known Member

Arg mine are MCG/mL, not mg/mL whoops. Long day. Ok, thanks!

10. Justin & Sebastian

Mine is 0.3 mg/ml.

11. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Bumping your post up to the top where it will get more eyes. :)

Justin & Sebastian likes this.
  12. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

13. Olive & Paula

Your giving 0.1 ml correct? It does seem low for p'titis management.

14. Justin & Sebastian

Yeah 0.1ml, and I honestly wasn't really sure how to judge. I don't know what to look for in terms of p'titis flare symptoms. And when we first started using it I started at 0.1 and stepped up to 0.15 as the vet suggested and didn't notice any difference one way or another so I just opted for the 0.1. Even at this point I'm not even really sure if it's doing anything. He's had more energy and is acting more normal since we started using it but for all I know that's from the raw diet change and the fecal matter transplant since those happened at the same time. It's possible that a larger bupe dose would give even more benefit but again, I have no idea what I'm looking for or how to gauge and I don't want to overdose him.

Excellent. I'm not even sure where we're at on needing it or not. He was in the purples the past couple days but today he's staying in the yellows. So I guess just check out his SS when you get a chance and let me know your thoughts.