? DOSE ADVICE For Tomorrow. Buddy 11/20 AMPS 106 (5:45), 90/93 (7:15) - NS; PMPS 257; +4 85

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kelly and Buddy, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

11/19

I can't believe Buddy decided to visit the lagoon before I went to work. I HATED skipping this shot but with him still dropping, I just wasn't willing to risk it.

This cat sure keeps me on my toes.:cat::cool:

2. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Hope he surfs nicely while you are at work, and you come home to a lovely PMPS :D

Kelly and Buddy likes this.
  3. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

Me too, Rosie, but I'm not feeling too confident without that shot. Fingers crossed.

4. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed. Bailey crossed her paws too. We're rooting for you Buddy!

Kelly and Buddy likes this.
  5. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

I need advice before tomorrow morning, if at all possible. For some reason and much to my surprise, Buddy has decided to drop dramatically. I've had to skip several shots this week and even reduced his shot two days ago. He's still dropping. According to SLGS, I reduce if he drops below 90, which he has done again tonight, but do I reduce again this soon? Also, what do I do if he's really low again tomorrow morning? I will be home for about 4 hours to monitor but do I shoot if he's still low, like below 100 like this morning?

I'm so excited to see blue and even a few greens but I never anticipated such a big drop when his numbers were so much higher last week.

As always, any thoughts/insights are much appreciated. @Bobbie And Bubba @Wendy&Neko @Chris & China @Sue and Luci @Olive & Paula

6. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I think considering you're doing SLGS and he's skipped twice since the 1.75 dose, you could go ahead and drop him down to 1.25. Those skips should have drained any "excess" insulin by now.

If it's not enough, you can always go back up.

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Definitely drop the dose to 1,25 units. I hope he gives you a shootable number tomorrow morning. You have shot 140 before. How low would you feel comfortable shooting?

Sue and Luci likes this.
  8. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hey Kelly, sorry that I didn't respond. I was in bed when you tagged me and just getting on now.

Congrats on the reduction. It appears that he is on a mission right now. I hope you have a few days to put together to monitor him. He is looking good!

9. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

Thanks, Bobbie. I am so confused by his sudden drop in numbers, especially with the 2 recent reductions. Is that unusual? Fortunately, I don't go back to work until Monday so I CAN get some data and shoot at some lower numbers, if necessary.

10. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

Thanks, Wendy. I don't know how low I'm comfortable shooting...maybe anything over 100 - IF I'm going to be around to monitor. It still kind of freaks me out.

11. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

I do have one question about shooting low. Since I'm on SLGS, what is the lowest number that I should shoot (as long as I can monitor)? Anything above 100? The only thing good about being in the yellows and purples is I never worried much about him dropping too low.

12. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I think anything above 100 is reasonable since you shot a 140 before with 1.75 and now the dose is 1.25.
    Looks like he is starting to respond to the insulin ! It's all good! :cat::)