Dosing advice please

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MissMolly, Mar 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissMolly

MissMolly Member

I know I've been missing from the boards lately. Been dealing with a few of my own medical issues while trying to keep Molly's numbers somewhat acceptable.

But I'm totally confused on what to do. I don't know if I should hold the 3.25m drop her back to 3.00 or even if I should bring her back to 3.50.

Would greatly appreciate any and all advice.

I only have her spreadsheet done with Canadian values so I hope that's no big deal :)

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I would be inclined to hold the 3.25. You got that 5 (90) on the 12th and it looked like she bounced and is still working through that a bit.

Hope you feel better soon.

3. MissMolly

MissMolly Member

Thanks so much. Hate those bounces but so happy she's seeing blues and greens much more now then she ever did :)

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

No problem here reading Canadian values either. :p If you'd like to get a tab that reads "American", let us know. We have people who can help you fix the spreadsheet. That way you'll have more people who can read and give suggestions on dose.

You also saw 2.8 (50) on this dose 5 days ago. Doesn't leave much room for an increase. Are you following TR or SLGS for dosing? It'll help us help you if you put one of the two in your signature. With SLGS that 50 would mean a dose reduction. With TR, you would hold the dose.

Your last post here for continuity. Glad to see Molly is flattening out a bit.

5. MissMolly

MissMolly Member

TR for the most part, probably not as aggressive as some are with it however. So you feel keep her at this dose and see if she will settle into it over time? I guess I'm just a little worried that I might be giving her to much and causing the bounces :(

I just need to get my act together and copy over the Canadian one to get the American values.

Thanks, love seeing her wear those blues and greens too :)

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I don't know when Molly was diagnosed, but it's close to a year? Kitties that are long term diabetics, over one year, have a reduction point of 40 if following TR. If you aren't seeing numbers under 50, then we don't change the dose.

7. MissMolly

MissMolly Member

She was diagnosed back in Dec. 2016 so it's been over a year. She started on Lantus Feb. 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.