? Fatty blood? 11/6 Ming PMPS = 373, +1= 358, +3 = 313

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Crista & Ming, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/11-5-ming-pmps-427-amps-270-2-257-4-236-8-389.206010/

Did not hear my alarm yet again so I wasn’t able to get a +6 last night :banghead:

Today, we’re giving less pred as per DVM. So instead of 2.5 mg in the AM, he’s getting 1.25 mg for a total of 2.5 mg daily. Vet thinks the different amounts of pred in the AM and PM is causing him to have a higher BG in the AM. I don’t think so but... I would feel better if we gave a consistent dose just to rule everything out.

Ming is also coming to work with me tonight to get a blood test to rule out p*titis (getting it because I noticed his blood was pink and creamy and it was discussed as one of the possible signs p*titis is brewing). We’re getting the spec fpl. I have to do some googling but I read on a thread somewhere that one of the tests just gives a positive or negative and not a “number”. I’d like the number test so we can see the degree of possible p*titis.

He just went poopoo and it was solid :) I haven’t been able to catch him peeing to check for ketones all day yesterday unfortunately :(

2. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

3. Crista & Ming

Thanks! Yes I read this before! Thankfully Ming isn’t displaying the symptoms he usually has: vomiting, meatloaf, not eating. The diarrhea is new and the pink blood is just sort of something the vet and I are “testing” to see if it’s also an early sign. The BGs has me concerned but maybe it’s because he has finally rid himself of all the dose increases that happened in the hospital.

Although I wonder if we’ll do a repeat ultrasound to check if the microabcesses are still there on his pancreas.

4. Crista & Ming

+1.5 = 392

I have to go get a blood test myself haha so be go slow and low, Ming!

5. Crista & Ming

Oh you know what? Thanks for the link again becuase I realized I never clicked those additional resources!! :facepalm:Thanks Sandy!!!!

6. Crista & Ming

+6 = 394

*shrugs*

Haven’t caught him peeing yet

7. Crista & Ming

+10 = 391

Maybe he DOES have a regular nadir? I’m just looking at his last few cycles and when he went low. That would be nice.

No ketones at +10 :)

He’s going to work with me tonight. As much as it’s nice to be able to monitor him at work, it also stresses me out thinking about it. But he’ll be fine. He’s getting more predictable... unlike two weeks ago.

8. Crista & Ming

Well his PMPS was the lowest he's been all day. PMPS = 373

We arrived at the vet an hour before his dose time. Drew blood. It was extremely fatty... I hope it's not his diet. I also hope it's not another p**titis thing. Both are evil and not welcomed... Any ideas why? Anyone know of any other cats that have really fat/creamy/pink blood?

He also didn't really want to eat so I had to break out the FF tuna can that I think has more carbs than the classic FFs. I'll be checking that in a bit but I just wanted to post this first before I continue with work. But he ate all of the 1/2 can of FF tuna. I think he will go back and eat the rest of his regular meal once he's done "exploring" the hospital and calms down.

Edit: The FF tuna flaked is just 5% carbs. And yay! He ate half of his regular meal.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Nadirs aren’t going to be a# obvious when they are in high numbers. When his numbers are overall closer to normal, the nadirs are easier to spot. Bouncing also confuses the picture. Nadirs are usually later on cycles where the bounce is breaking.

Paws crossed for a quiet night.

Crista & Ming likes this.
  10. Crista & Ming

Ah, I see! Thanks for the info. :)

It does seem like it'll be a quiet night both at the hospital (no sick patients, just recovering ones from elective surgeries) and with Ming's BG. I'm liking this gradual slow descend with Ming.