I have had my "Princess" for about 11 yrs now. She was a barn kitten I rescued. In December 2016 I had her in to get her teeth cleaned and a few pulled as she had bad breath and some bad teeth. The vet called me and said she was holding off on the teeth as Princess may have diabetes (she lost about 2 lbs) When she ran a test her glucose was at 331. She said she would like to see her in the 200's. I put her on low carb high protein diet and the next time I brought her in (May 2017 her number was at 271 (in May) and she gained a bit of weight so the vet said insulin at that time would not be necessary and to keep doing what I was doing. She was doing well until a few months ago when she started to lose weight. I finally took her to a clinic who told me her glucose was very high (412) and told me I should take her to the hospital. She also dropped to 3.8 lbs. They admitted her and since have been trying her on insulin and to get her numbers down. She was never on insulin before. They can't seem to stabilize her and are trying to figure out what could be causing her to not respond. I spoke to the vet Sunday morning and said she was doing good and eating VERY well and she may be able to come home that evening. I heard nothing more from them. I spoke with the vet this morning and she said the same...she is doing well and eating which is a good thing and may possibly be able to come home this afternoon. They wanted to do an abdominal ultrasound to see if it could be chronic pancreatitis, lymphoma, cancer etc. I wanted to see if she responded today on the insulin today so I held off. I called her original dr to see if she could call the hospital and get more info that I could understand as the vets at the hospital give me little to NO information other than "she is doing really good and eating great" I guess I don't understand why they keep telling me that and getting my hopes up then keep her. My original vet was on the same page with them and agrees something else must be going on with Princess so I am waiting for the hospital vet to call back to give the OK to do the ultrasound. I asked her normal vet what the next step would be if that came back normal and she said "maybe try a different insulin" Why wouldn't they try that FIRST? Is there anything these people at this hospital are missing that maybe one of you folks that have dealt with this before can tell me. I am in tears all day over this. PLEASE any suggestions or opinions would be greatly appreciated!!!