Hypo numbers with no symptoms

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Calli & Layla, Jul 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calli & Layla

Calli & Layla New Member

Unfortunately I don't have a curve yet for my Layla, but as a quick update she was diagnosed in June and has been on PZI for about a month now. She had a flucosamine check last week that was high so she was increased from 1 to 1.5U every 12. She had a low AMPS yesterday (I wasn't reliably home testing but the increase made me nervous) so I held her shot yesterday morning. PMPS was in the 200s and today's AMPS was 330. Tonight PMPS was 38! I tested twice to make sure. She is acting okay and ate a good amount of food and a recheck 20 min later was 43. And apparently I am out of strips so I'm making a quick trip to Wal-Mart. I'm thinking maybe the increase was too much? These are the lowest numbers I've seen.

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Yes, it seems that increase was too much. Why not try eyeballing 1.25 u when you give her next dose.

3. Calli & Layla

Calli & Layla New Member

We are up to 57 - obviously no shot tonight and she's eating a little more. How often and how many times should I test before I can breathe? :p

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Id lower back to one and get a lot more tests. The increase was just based on the fructosamine test.... That's not a reliable judge of what's happening in a day.... Could be high from bouncing from going too low! Do you have some higher carb food you could give

5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Maybe wait an hour and retest?

Rachel likes this.
  6. Calli & Layla

Calli & Layla New Member

I don't right now but I will grab some tonight. I ran home without thinking to get some from Wal-Mart. Ugh!

7. JanetNJ

You want three tests over 50 rising on their own. But you haven't shot since this morning, so I can't see it really going down at this point

8. JanetNJ

9. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

As Janet says, you haven't shot since this morning, so really the insulin SHOULD be out of her by now. I'd get another test in before relaxing, but I think you'll be okay.

Djamila likes this.
  10. Calli & Layla

Calli & Layla New Member

That's my thought too, especially since she's eating fine and otherwise acting normal. Just scary to see those numbers! The low yesterday morning was 73 I think, so I wasn't as concerned but I still didn't shoot. I'll back off on the shot tomorrow and so a better curve to see where we are at.

Side note, in these instances should I just wait until the am normal time or should I shoot early to prevent a rebound high? It would kind of throw the timing groove off which can be a struggle anyway with work schedules and what not but I hope this doesn't set her back at all with super bouncy numbers :(

11. JanetNJ

bounces happen but they pass. I'd just wait until usual time.

12. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Just stay on schedule and don't shoot tonight :). Also you can take down the 911 since it's been a couple hours and you got some eyes on the thread. Top right ish, "thread tools" click "edit title", then you can remove 911 or change it to a "?".

I also agree to drop back the dose to 1.0 or 1.25U. This is why AMPS and PMPS tests are the most important :cat:

From your first thread on Main, Post #5 I gave you a bunch of links :smuggrin:. It has the Food chart, SS template, Signature instructions, and Hypo instructions :)
    Here's the link to that thread: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/feeding-issues.179798/

13. Calli & Layla

Calli & Layla New Member

Yup I will update all those things when I have time. Her AMPS this morning was 303 but I only gave 1u and will see where we are!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.